Should i Carry on ?

• Total voters

WazGamez

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
YouTube
wazgamez
I'm wonder if Its is some part of legal to upload good quality films to YouTube ?
not for monetize but to gain traffic when live or different videos
I'm afraid to say I done it with out thinking about the legal site of it.
I already upload [in polish] a cartoon from 2016 / in 250mb per part.
I notice its 31 part so a lot but playlist would play it automaticly,
no ads means like a 3-5sec brake between them
and here is what copy rights strike I got

Hi WazGamez HD,

A copyright owner using Content ID has claimed some material in your video.

This is just a heads up
Don't worry. You're not in trouble and your account standing is not affected by this.

There are either ads running on your video, with the revenue going to the copyright owner, or the copyright owner is receiving stats about your video's views.

• Video title: HDFilm - Misiek w Nowym Jorku #03/31
  • Includes: Visual content
  • Claimed by: Lionsgate and CoPeerRight Agency - Italy

What's next?
If there are no problems, you don't need to take any action. You don't need to delete your video.

If something has gone wrong and the copyright owner or our system made a mistake, we have a dispute process. Only use it if you're confident that you have the rights to use all the content in your video.

- The YouTube Team
Witch I believe that monetized would only make money for content ID.

In Copyright Notice and View claim Details
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_wYxKeg1bwibHFUR25QVkpGQXc/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_wYxKeg1bwiMUZPNTVCNnFDN2M/view?usp=sharing

Also I had upload for now Algorithm The Hacker Movie in English [ not finished now ]
300mb per part = 10 parts

The point of parts its to get that 1080p with 0 dropped framed all the way to end its got to be in mb not min

all them 2 movies got similar settings like 1080p - That my strong point of success also I upload videos from suggestions

Now I want you to tell me any bit of information about Rules freedom and youtube in this matter,
Also Check out some parts and give me a review dislikes and likes about
And if u recon its a brillent IDEA please support and ask for a film ! aint going to put anything that could have affect on my content
and if you think this is very bad idea please let my know before any bans will come down

Last edited:

FallenShogun

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 12, 2014
YouTube
You are releasing someone elses film to gain traffic? Pretty sure that is highly illegal and if the owners found out they will shut you down. If all you are getting atm is copyright notices you are lucky, the strikes will come next if you make that your entire channel

Goody

Rising User
Jan 2, 2017
YouTube
are you serious. no don't do do that. the little bit of traffic that you will get wont even want to watch the rest of your videos because they came for the movies and not for you

WazGamez

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
YouTube
wazgamez
well lthat little traffic will generate my a littly bit of traffic and I'm calm with it because when I would be streaming on 31 when they done with movie they go to channel and see my steam

FallenShogun

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 12, 2014
YouTube
Ok, keep uploading other peoples content illegally then. I am sure nothing bad at all will happen

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
Uploading content that is not your own is against YouTube's terms and a breach in your contract with Freedom!.

I would suggest removing all of the copyrighted content as you may lose your partnership with Freedom! and the ability to join another network. Your channel may then be shut down by YouTube.

Just a warning on using copyrighted content that you don't have permission to use.

Drawyah

Respected User
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
steamcommunity.com
YouTube
DrawyahYT
It breaks numerous copyright and piracy laws by uploading other people's movies. I'm VERY against piracy myself, so do enjoy these paragraphs!

These directors, actors, artists, sound mechanics and numerous other people (ever seen the ending credits to a movie? There are LOTS of people involved!) all need to be paid for. Building sets also required large amounts of space to be rented out and lots of effort to is used to make it look realistic as possible. By uploading these movies online for free whilst profiting from it yourself, you are essentially ROBBING these people from their time, effort and finance whilst you bag it all yourself. It's a crime in most countries worldwide, but unfortunately, not so much action is taken against due to how widespread it is.

Same thing happens to games too. Developers put lots of time, finance and effort into making their games. All it takes is one person to put a torrent up, and all that work goes to nothing. (In the UK, 24% of all software used last year was pirated. Let's say you make a small product and try to sell it, but a large portion of people that use your product take it for free. All of your time and effort has gone down the drain because why pay for something when it is free?) A part of the games industry that has suffered lots are simulators. Microsoft Flight Simulator is definitely a good example of this. Microsoft saw that plenty of people were playing their game, but didn't see any increase in sales or finance. The ACES Team were then shut down due to lack of profits. Plenty of addons for the game are also pirated with many developers going out of business since nobody will pay for their stuff! Here is also an example of a game, Demigod, which was pirated before it even released! The game servers took a massive hit and the developers suffered from it.

I've got a good feeling that nothing I say will change your mind, but by uploading other people's content and reaping in the profits, you are ROBBING the directors and those involved of their earned income, and people like you in a perfect world would be arrested. I hope it comes back one day to bite you. :)

Reactions: WazGamez

WazGamez

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
YouTube
wazgamez
Create and upload your "own" content. It's wrong to profit off someone else's creation.
yeahh I don't want to put my acc on risk and that what ill do :)

Uploading content that is not your own is against YouTube's terms and a breach in your contract with Freedom!.

I would suggest removing all of the copyrighted content as you may lose your partnership with Freedom! and the ability to join another network. Your channel may then be shut down by YouTube.

Just a warning on using copyrighted content that you don't have permission to use.

I'm sorry and I'm delete them now so don't be so stress but I want you to bring rule out what would get my ban like you said,

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Don't worry quite a few people make the mistake of thinking that if it's not monetized then it's ok to upload without the risk of copyright, however that isn't the case.

Freedom does have some royalty free videos that you can upload though :) Just make sure you give the proper attribution if you do use them!
https://www.freedom.tm/dashboard/free-videos/viral-video

Reactions: Drawyah

Stelgim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2016
Norway
www.stelgim.com
YouTube
To be fair, the best way to gain possible recurring viewers / subscribers, is to make a trailer. You could even promote said trailer using paid ads if you feel it's needed.

Another way is to try out new games, commentate, edit and upload to your channel.

Having any copyrighted stuff uploaded only hurts you, and could potentially make it worse than a ban from YouTube.