Not open for further replies.

Gaara406

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 11, 2014
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Checked my email on my break this morning and wtf, I received this email and email stating that my channel had copyright issues or something which is complete rubbish. My channel has no copyright strikes and is of good standing. I work very hard on my channel and I'm an active member of this community. I tell budding YouTubers to join Freedom and this is how I get treated.....[DOUBLEPOST=1491687894][/DOUBLEPOST]The #FreedomFamily is constantly growing and evolving to better suit the needs of all our partners. We’re writing to inform you that your channel gaara406 has been unlinked due to some concerns that we feel may lead to your channel to receive future strikes for copyright, terms of service, or other violations. We understand that your channel may currently be in good standing however, after an in depth analysis we have identified some key similarities between your channel and those being closed directly by YouTube for violations which can be read about more here and here.

Once you have reviewed your channel and believe that your channel is ready to rejoin our network and is free of these types of issues or that your channel was mistakenly unlinked, we encourage you to contact our support team directly hereso that we can review your channel and resolve this matter.

This was the full email btw

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I'm sorry to hear about you being unlinked from the Freedom network, while they do not say this is to do with copyright issues the email merely states that there are concerns that may lead to your channel receiving strikes for copyright, community guideline or terms of service violations. While it would have been nice for Freedom to raise this issue they do have a standard they need to uphold and need to distance themselves from channels that may have claims / strikes or violations due to potential legal ramifications, I would suggest talking with support about this as they can give a more indepth reason why your channel was removed and hopefully get you back into the Freedom family as quickly as possible

Reactions: Gaara406
Upvote 0

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Hey there. Sadly YouTube doesn't give us the same sort of "heads up" when they close a channel or issue strikes so giving you a grace period (though Ideal) would put us, and the rest of the #FreedomFamily at risk. YouTube only allows a certain number of channels to be closed in any MCN before they shut the whole thing down. This means that the only warning WE get is YouTubes very vague TOS, Community guidelines and the like. This also means that that's effectively the only warning we can afford to extend to partners at this time. We would love to get to a point where we could be more leisurely and extend time to fix issues however with the strict guidelines set by YouTube this is a luxury we simply don't have at this time. The good news is that Support can work with you to get your channel cleaned up if you just email [email protected] :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.