Network Unhooking my cart from Freedom!

BlueBard

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2014
YouTube
Hi guys!

I've been apart of Freedom for about 2 years now, (on and off). But I've decided to cut ties with the Network.

Below I'll list a few points on why:

This is a gaming Network. My main reason for leaving. If you're not a vlogger or a gamer, this network will not work for you. It does not really welcome my type of content, which are more informative and for a bit of a niche group - mythology fans or people who just like to learn a few new things now and then.

Freedom is too big. Getting a channel promoted on Freedom, is a great idea, but the problem is we're all drowning in a manic tonne of channels all vying for attention. It's difficult to get noticed :p

I don't want to make money. I've recently decided to stop making any sort of money off of my videos, as such I don't need non-copyrighted music as desperately anymore. So one of the biggest reasons I joined Freedom has been left moot.

Support is "eh". For all the promises of help, support and aid, I get more from a channel like Tim Schmoyer, who offers honest, informative and above all, practical advice for Youtubers.

Feedback is terrible. As the title suggest, putting a lot of effort into a video is always fun, but when I ask for any sort of feedback, it's usually lack-luster and very generic - Essentially I don't get anything out of this. NOTE: It could very well be I'm awful and people are just nice, but I ALWAYS ask for honesty ;).

People come in here to grow their channels. Not to help others grow as well. It's sad, but the feeling I get is most of these members don't want to subscribe to someone else, because: "What if he wants to subscribe to me?"

I don't like this atmosphere anymore, it's just a poisonous cloud of 'you scratch my back, then I'll scratch yours' with no true honesty anywhere to be found. I'm tried of constantly talking about 'growing my channel' I'd like to have open honest conversations with people who are people, and who happen to do YouTube. Not YouTubers who happen to be people.

Over dramatic? Yes. But I this is YouTube after all :)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I'm sorry to hear that you will be leaving the Freedom Network, hopefully you have enjoyed at least some parts of the last 2 years. Will I don't necessarily agree with all the points you outlined above, in regards to the network I understand that these are your personal opinions and accept your views on this.

Reactions: BlueBard

BlueBard

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2014
YouTube
I'm sorry to hear that you will be leaving the Freedom Network, hopefully you have enjoyed at least some parts of the last 2 years. Will I don't necessarily agree with all the points you outlined above, in regards to the network I understand that these are your personal opinions and accept your views on this.

Thanks Zeke for taking the time to reply to my post :)

It was certainly not all bad, I made a great friend here, so it certainly wasn't all terrible. But for me, this isn't working as stated above - some problems are a little glaring, and I'm a little tired of trying to ignore them, or look past them.

But to each his own, I hope you yourself will have great success with this Network :)