Talk about all things anime and cartoons here! UwU

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV

Hello there guys !
First of all, just to explain what this thread is all about.
Right here you will find the list of greatest and bestest manga ever for all genres !
(At least all genres that I've read)
Each of the manga will have a link to the review thread.
While this main post is just a list for the cool manga that you guys could check out,
thread itself should be used for open discussions, maybe additional suggestions for manga that should be added.
And in general discussions about why we love manga :)

PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS, ONLY PART OF LISTED MANGA HAS REVIEWS.
SOME AMAZING MANGA IS STILL MISSING AS WELL.
FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE AND POKE ME IF YOU WANT TO HELP, THANKS <3

Martial Arts/Fantasy:
The Scholars Reincarnation - A powerful martial artist gets killed by a priest and is reborn. Having family and little sister, he decides to change. Review Upcoming

Red Storm - Yulian Provoke, Young prince of Peria tribe encounters martial master who agrees to teach him. Can he grow up to be the rightful ruler and fulfill his goal ? Review HERE

Adventure/Fantasy:

Dice: Cube that changes everything - What would you do if changing anything about yourself was as simple as playing a game ? Dongtae is rock bottom at everything, but its about to change. Review Upcoming.

Tower of God - Whatever you desire is at the top of the tower. Lahel Climbs the tower to see the stars, but all that Baam wants is to be with Lahel and so Baams adventure begins. Review Upcoming.

The Fiary Capptivity - Humans are ruled by superior beings, Faeries. Yeu Hu encounters a Fairy Fei Liai and gradually learns of the dark secrets behind Faeries and their rule. Review Upcoming

Traditional Martial Arts:

Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru - Kohinata Minoru, university student doing gymnastics at the university. While bullied by his seniors Kohinata is saved by Karate club's member and is dragged into the world of Karate ! Review Upcoming

Hinomaru Zumou - A small boy, first year in highschool Ushio Hinomaru strives to be the best at Sumo ! The sport where big and heavy dominate. Can a small boy even compete ? Review Upcoming

Wuxia (specifically manga with ascension and/or graded power levels):

Tales of demons and gods - Nie Li Dies fighting monsters, his soul travels back in time. Now he is out to change the future and save his town and family. Review HERE

Doulou Dalu - Tang Sect, the most famous martial art sect of all. After stealing the most secret techniques from it, Tang San jumps off from the Hell's Peak. That is only the beginning, as he is reborn in another world known as Battle Continent ! Review Upcoming

Doupou Chanqoing - In the world where strength is the law, Xiao Yan is born with an unimaginable talent. Suddenly, 3 years ago he lost everything, his power, reputation, even his mother. How can a powerless boy survive in this world ? Review Upcoming

Wu Dong Qian Kun - Lin Dong a child from the branch family of Lin Clan is usually bullied and oppressed by other families. Lin Dong finds a mysterious talisman inside of a cave. Can Lin Dong become strong enough with the help of this talisman. Review upcoming

Panlong - Linley is a young master of a declining, once powerful clan that has previously dominated the world. In this world strong rule the weak. Linley will strive to become strong enough to restore glory to his clan. Review Upcoming

Star martial god technique - There are 12 paths to climb the Tower of God, in legends these roads lead to immortality. These days only 3 types of martial arts survived and the practitioners are still aiming to become immortal gods. Ye Xinghe, practitioner of declining Star Martial arts is on a journey to Godliness. Review Upcoming

Game / Game world :

Legendary moonlight sculptor - Lee Hyun a man with a huge debt decides to sell his mmorpg account to get something out of his time put into the game. Unexpectedly his legendary avatar, known as God of War is sold for 3.1 billion won. Lee Hyun is now out to make more money, this time with a virtual reality mmorpg ! Review Upcoming

The Gamer - Han Jee-Han just a normal high school student that plays a lot of video games. Today he woke up seeing everything as if its a game, from status bar to gaining exp ! Review Upcoming

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Summoned to alternative universe, framed to be a criminal and kicked out. Can Naofumi still become the fated Hero with only a shield for a weapon ? Review Upcoming
Disclaimer, I've only read strange sports manga that does not have anime adaptations, so do not expect mainstream sports manga like kuroko no bastke and such to be here.

Fantasista - Teppei Sakamoto, a boy from countryside. He loves football (soccer) that was thought to him by his sister. Now it is time for him to come to the city and join a football team, but he has only played alone his whole life. This is a story of struggles and joys of football. Review Upcoming

King of golf - Souske Youki, called The Predator, is an undefeated delinquent in his school. He gets into an argument with genius golf player from his school and is somehow dragged into the world of golf. Can a delinquent actually do well in such sport ? Review Upcoming.

Days - Tsukushi a boy with no special traits and Jin a football (soccer) genius have become friends. Jin drags Tsukushi into the world of high school football, can a complete novice stand up to the challenge ? Review Upcoming

87 clockers - Manga about overclocking computers for sport ? Review Upcoming
Tamen De gushi - Amazing romance comedy ! This is Shojo Ai !!! (random awesome moment - http://prntscr.com/enuo7z) Review Upcoming

Horimiya - Hori your average teenage girl... with a side that she does not want to show to anyone. Her classmate Miyamura an average glasses wearing boy in school and completely different person outside. They unexpectedly meet and discover each others hidden sides. And so begins a new and unique friendship. Review Upcoming.
Dr. Frost - Story of a genius psychologist who does not feel any emotion. How can such person help his patients !? Review Upcoming

Annarasumanara - Do you believe in magic ? Yoon Ai, a smart and serious girl that meets a childish magician is the main character, along side of her you will start wondering about magic. Review Upcoming

Yokusoku no Neverland- Emma and her friends live in an orphanage, they eat tasty food and have loving caretaker. But why cant they leave and why are they tested every day ? Review Here !

Banquet Box - NOTE, THIS MANGA WAS AXED ! With only 21 chapters and no actual closer, this might be a huge Nope for many, so only read if you don't mind that. Review Upcoming
Kisswood - Eye candy manga, full color with brilliant artwork ! Story is a strong point as well, Mystery/Fantasy at its best :) Review Upcoming

For my daughter i might even be able to defeat a demon king - Hearth warming story of an adventurer picking up a little (demon) girl and their everyday cute struggles. Review Upcoming

Thank you guys for reading, please leave your thoughts down below ~! What would you like me to review next ? What amazing manga that I've not read is missing from the list ? Make sure you leave a reply :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
With the exception of the last book, I really liked the Death Note series. It was a lot more clear about things than the anime was.
True, Death note is good, but once again its not really under rated series (tho to be fair I guess I didnt say this this should be specially less known series list did I...) especially with anime series and multiple live action movie adaptations :)

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Did you ever read Gakuen Babysitter, in my opinion an absolutely fantastic manga worth reading
I've not read that, but it does look pretty good. Might need to give it a go and who knows, it might pop up on this list :D[DOUBLEPOST=1494447813][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did you ever read Gakuen Babysitter, in my opinion an absolutely fantastic manga worth reading
Just started reading it... its too cute and sweet, I cant even >_< !

Last edited:

IvyPlayGamez

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
Somewhere in Europe
YouTube
IvyMitsuno
wow, most of them I just heard about but never actually took the time to see it, but to be fair, there is always mangas and animes coming out every year and every season so ou need to be a real otaku to catch up with everything

but if i may suggest tower of druaga, black bullet, pandora box, they are wonderful animes and mangas are well ilustrated ^^ those are action/adventure

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
The question is, are you still working on this Anime/Manga list @Nerd?
Long answer:
Tbh this was a slightly overambitious project especially since we don't really have a large community that would be interested in anime or manga. If there is still at least few people interested I'd be happy to continue this and maybe expand with the novels that I've been reading as well.

Short answer: Not at the moment due to lack of community interest.

Reading trough the list I've made is really making me want to continue this, if there's anyone interested in getting this massive thread project up and running actively again, let me know ;)

Last edited: