Did you change?

• Yes!

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • No!

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
U

User.123120

What, is this true? Yes, it is! But there are a few things you will need to do before you go diving into the darkness!
Disclaimer Only mess with your browser if you know what you're doing! We are not responsible if you break anything!

So here are the steps!
Option One (Easy);
  1. Open Youtube homepage.
  2. Right click on an empty element on the page.
  3. Click "inspect element".
  4. When you see the developer view, select the console tab.
  5. Copy and past document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" and hit enter.
  6. Refresh page.
Option Two;
  1. Press Ctrl+Shift+I on the YouTube homepage to open developer window.
  2. Go to Application tab, and on the sidebar, go to Cookies>https://www.youtube.com
  3. In the table that opens there should be a row named 'VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE', double click the 'value' cell and replace it with this code: fPQ4jCL6EiE then press enter.
  4. Refresh the page, if the new layout is enabled, go to your avatar, and from the menu, there should be a dark mode toggle.
If you need a visual reference my Gyazo gif should help you out! (Option one)
https://gyazo.com/ee666d1a56606ab51023bb842935dde6

But with that being said the feature is not live at the moment and it seems to be something Youtube plan to release!You'll actually notice that the new design looks a whole lot sleeker and pretty!

upload_2017-4-15_5-53-21.png

upload_2017-4-15_5-53-35.png

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Its nice that it is there, however I personally use f.lux to change my screens temperature after sundown. dark mode is a nice idea but you really need your whole pc to be in the theme for your eyes sake. I just find f.lux a lot easier to use and pleasing on the eyes.​

Reactions: Drawyah

Fact Bits

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Its nice that it is there, however I personally use f.lux to change my screens temperature after sundown. dark mode is a nice idea but you really need your whole pc to be in the theme for your eyes sake. I just find f.lux a lot easier to use and pleasing on the eyes.​
I use f.lux too. It is really very relaxing to eyes after sunset.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I never got flux to work lol

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
You just have to set your location by entering the longitude/latitude through the map or pin code as far as I can remember. Thats all. Your eyes may take 2,3 days to adjust to the yellowish colour of display after sunset. But after that you will feel very relaxing to your eyes.
I gave it a week and then returned to turn on and off the light in my room when it gets dark again