YouTube Trying To Thing Of A Name

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
its so hard to think of a name for your channel i am looking to change my name to something else as honestly i dont like scalperhero as my name anymore :( but i cant seem to think of anything
Is there anything that really prevents you from using your real name? You don't need to have an alias to be on YouTube.

U

User.123120

The way I would look at it is, 1. is it relevant to your content and 2. is it easy to say? :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
its so hard to think of a name for your channel i am looking to change my name to something else as honestly i dont like scalperhero as my name anymore :( but i cant seem to think of anything
Is there some sort of Alias that you always use like a nickname for your characters?

When i made my name i picked something i really loved regarding gaming and adjusted it to a male version. I am a huge fan from the zelda series wich eventually was the passion to create my current name wich i have been using for many years now :)

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Is there some sort of Alias that you always use like a nickname for your characters?

When i made my name i picked something i really loved regarding gaming and adjusted it to a male version. I am a huge fan from the zelda series wich eventually was the passion to create my current name wich i have been using for many years now :)
my name came from the fact of black ops one which is what i started youtube for when you hit a tomahawk kill you get the medal scalper but now i hardly ever do that content of tomahawk montages[DOUBLEPOST=1487848544][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't think your name is too bad, why don't you like the name?
because i dont do the content that my name was based on anymore which was tomahawks from back ops one and 2[DOUBLEPOST=1487848577][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try to think of a joke you like and make a name around it. That way you will always have a fond memory of where your name came from.
thats a pretty good idea man ill have to try think of something

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
my name came from the fact of black ops one which is what i started youtube for when you hit a tomahawk kill you get the medal scalper but now i hardly ever do that content of tomahawk montages[DOUBLEPOST=1487848544][/DOUBLEPOST]
because i dont do the content that my name was based on anymore which was tomahawks from back ops one and 2[DOUBLEPOST=1487848577][/DOUBLEPOST]
thats a pretty good idea man ill have to try think of something
What else do you find of interest wich could lead to a name? Be it a certain game or genre?

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
Yeah i know the struggles of getting a name lol
(my name isnt the easiest to pronounce so i had to use the alias i made up as a 11 year old lol)
Ok this might be a silly idea but why dont you name your channel RpgHero *Insert real name*.As you said,you focus more on rpg games and pokemon sooooooooo.....RpgHero *Your name*

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
lol I changed mine from "CaptainAdric" which was something I liked when I was young to Dev_J which is more appropriate to games developer / gamer and I just happened to have the domain name for it :)

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Yeah i know the struggles of getting a name lol
(my name isnt the easiest to pronounce so i had to use the alias i made up as a 11 year old lol)
Ok this might be a silly idea but why dont you name your channel RpgHero *Insert real name*.As you said,you focus more on rpg games and pokemon sooooooooo.....RpgHero *Your name*
i could go with RPGHero thats a pretty good name[DOUBLEPOST=1487853499][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol I changed mine from "CaptainAdric" which was something I liked when I was young to Dev_J which is more appropriate to games developer / gamer and I just happened to have the domain name for it :)
yeah i was thinking of somethign to do with game dev as well since thats something im trying to do myself already. which really fits into what glowingdude said. to do with rpg games

Reactions: GlowingDude

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
i like rpg games the most such as pokemon don't starve oxygen not included and so many other games i also like horror games so its kinda hard to pick a name of of all of them lol (RPG Love Master) HAHAHAHAHAH
Doesn't have to be game related but something that is related to the RPG genre?

ClerraBellis

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2017
clerrabellis.deviantart.com
YouTube
My advice is... Brainstorm. Literally write down everything you can thing in the matter of let's say 5 minutes.. It doesn't have to be good it just has to be there. Then you can look at the list and pick the best ones, and also combine different names and refine them as you see fit. You might come up short, but it is a good exercise to help get you thinking differently.

Reactions: Scalperhero

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
My advice is... Brainstorm. Literally write down everything you can thing in the matter of let's say 5 minutes.. It doesn't have to be good it just has to be there. Then you can look at the list and pick the best ones, and also combine different names and refine them as you see fit. You might come up short, but it is a good exercise to help get you thinking differently.
yeah its a good idea this was pretty much the first thing i did but came up short i think picking a name is the hardest thing to do when it comes to youtube lol

Reactions: ClerraBellis