YouTube Today's the Day! - Who's Getting Unlinked?

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Alright guys, February 20th has finally arrived. And many of us will have to suffer the unfortunate unlinking due to the new YouTube Rule.

So here's the question, who's getting unlinked today and will it stop you from making videos?

I can say I am being unlinked, but in no way will this stop me. I make content for the viewers, not for the $$$.

Share down below.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Alright guys, February 20th has finally arrived. And many of us will have to suffer the unfortunate unlinking due to the new YouTube Rule.

So here's the question, who's getting unlinked today and will it stop you from making videos?

I can say I am being unlinked, but in no way will this stop me. I make content for the viewers, not for the $$$.

Share down below.
I won't stop making videos, but I do partly do this for the money. The reason why is because the money I earn on PayPal, I use to buy more games from Steam. It'll be more difficult if I'm not monetized. So I'm gonna have to rely on apps to earn points to get Steam gift cards or money for PayPal, otherwise, I'll have to only play free indie games from Game Jolt and other sites, not that it's really a bad thing.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Luckily well over the requirements so I was unaffected.

I wish you all luck in reaching the new requirements.

By the way why did everyone keep their partner badges? XD

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
I'm also getting unlinked. Still feeling very positive, so I don't really care anymore.
That's good, that's what I want to hear![DOUBLEPOST=1519222953][/DOUBLEPOST]
my channel got unlinked, but i'm really close to the requirements
Well keep at it my man![DOUBLEPOST=1519223007][/DOUBLEPOST]
Luckily well over the requirements so I was unaffected.

I wish you all luck in reaching the new requirements.

By the way why did everyone keep their partner badges? XD
Not sure, just not been updated[DOUBLEPOST=1519223054][/DOUBLEPOST]
I got unlinked but am i giving up? Hell no! Im going to keep plugging away uploading 3x a week, this may increase at some point, and continue to grow my community that i have built. It may be small but it will keep growing!
I'm the same way my man. I too have a small community and loving the interactions i've been getting. I see no reason to stop.

retrogameshow

New User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2015
Sacramento, CA
YouTube
Yup, un-linked even though George says "they forgot" it was just a day late! Also cant get that crypto miner to work. Will it stop us? No! We started with zero support and zero promotion! we do it for fun! The sad part was, when we got recognized we thought it meant we would get promoted / supported.....this was not the case, we barely grew anymore than we did on our own natural progression. So, we will strive on, alone it seems because YT's SHI**Y algorithm apparently treats small channels equal to "spammers, bad actors and re-posters" WTF is that?

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
I have the same attitude as everybody else on this thread. I won't stop uploading.
Good on ya my man![DOUBLEPOST=1519241770][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yup, un-linked even though George says "they forgot" it was just a day late! Also cant get that crypto miner to work. Will it stop us? No! We started with zero support and zero promotion! we do it for fun! The sad part was, when we got recognized we thought it meant we would get promoted / supported.....this was not the case, we barely grew anymore than we did on our own natural progression. So, we will strive on, alone it seems because YT's SHI**Y algorithm apparently treats small channels equal to "spammers, bad actors and re-posters" WTF is that?
I know the feeling, it's at this point where Facebook, Google+, reddit and many others would help in getting content out there. Trust me I never thought Youtube would promote me as I was a small channel .That's my job and if that means posting my video in 20+ different places I guess I'll have to. It's a pain, trust me.

Reactions: retrogameshow

nologic

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 25, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
eyelogix
Yeah it was was quite painful. I did it when I had the chance back in gve days. I just hope YouTube regrets their decision it would make me even more mad.