YouTube To vlog or not to vlog?

Ben Vowles

Rising User
Are there any regular vloggers out there? I'm tempted, but unsure how much time into the edits. I can see my days being filled with the photography and the nights filed with the edit. Alld very well for a full-timer, but i work.

Would 1 - 3 times a week be kind of the average?

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Well I'd say uploading 2-3 times a week is good, 1 time a week may be a bit too few because then there wouldn't be much content for people to sub for except if you're planning on doing them at INSANE quality.

Reactions: Ben Vowles
yea i tried the daily vlog thing around christmas..only lasted like 5 days because i was forced to record daily and edit and post same day...im married with a 4 yr old daughter..we found ourselves just recording anything regardless of if it was good quality, just to make the goal of posting daily..but now we stick to 2 times a week(fri/sat).. you can even post like 2 videos on those days..just doesnt have to be one

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
yea i tried the daily vlog thing around christmas..only lasted like 5 days because i was forced to record daily and edit and post same day...im married with a 4 yr old daughter..we found ourselves just recording anything regardless of if it was good quality, just to make the goal of posting daily..but now we stick to 2 times a week(fri/sat).. you can even post like 2 videos on those days..just doesnt have to be one
Well being forced to record every day neve really helps with quality. It's good to have an upload goal but having a quality goal results in you having videos you can be proud of later on and still getting a large audience together while not uploading daily. ;)

Well being forced to record every day neve really helps with quality. It's good to have an upload goal but having a quality goal results in you having videos you can be proud of later on and still getting a large audience together while not uploading daily. ;)
yea lol now we record early in the week and that gives me time to edit, add music, shoot b-roll footage n stuff

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Are there any regular vloggers out there? I'm tempted, but unsure how much time into the edits. I can see my days being filled with the photography and the nights filed with the edit. Alld very well for a full-timer, but i work.

Would 1 - 3 times a week be kind of the average?
Could be interesting if you would vlog about your hobby :)

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I think once a week would be fine, long as you have a passion for it you should be able to make time. Long as you remember it is still a hobby and make time for everything else first then when you have some free time you can spend it on YouTube productions.

You can always test it out for a month or 2 and see how it goes, better have tried it out than left wondering if it was a good idea or not :)

Ben Vowles

Rising User
Well I'd say uploading 2-3 times a week is good, 1 time a week may be a bit too few because then there wouldn't be much content for people to sub for except if you're planning on doing them at INSANE quality.

I thought that, thanks for saying[DOUBLEPOST=1488014299][/DOUBLEPOST]
yea lol now we record early in the week and that gives me time to edit, add music, shoot b-roll footage n stuff

Yeah, I would rather upload decent videos rather then spam with clutter[DOUBLEPOST=1488014349][/DOUBLEPOST]
Could be interesting if you would vlog about your hobby :)

That could be a good idea! Thanks