Request Tips for me

TheWickedOnes

Freedom! Member
Dec 28, 2015
YouTube
Hey Freedom! family, I find it very hard to get the ball rolling for my youtube channel. I started this channel a while back with a good friend of mine and we had a lot of fun making videos. But for some reason the view and sub count keep falling down and we aren't making any process. Most of the time we post videos on here and on twitter. I don't know it makes us feel demotivated, do you guys know some tricks to get the show back on the road, and get on the map?

-Lars

Channel below:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmD4yXcTyIY6M_roB13eD1g

Feedback is appreciated

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Watch back your content and ask yourself. Do you like what you see?

Sharing you video's is not the only part. You need to get in there, meet up with fellow gamers, get to know more people and make a possible collab.

Video title, description, tags and thumbnail can tell something about the content. Use a card to get older video's under the attention of your vieuwers.

Reactions: TheWickedOnes

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Watch back your content and ask yourself. Do you like what you see?

Sharing you video's is not the only part. You need to get in there, meet up with fellow gamers, get to know more people and make a possible collab.

Video title, description, tags and thumbnail can tell something about the content. Use a card to get older video's under the attention of your vieuwers.

Hey Freedom! family, I find it very hard to get the ball rolling for my youtube channel. I started this channel a while back with a good friend of mine and we had a lot of fun making videos. But for some reason the view and sub count keep falling down and we aren't making any process. Most of the time we post videos on here and on twitter. I don't know it makes us feel demotivated, do you guys know some tricks to get the show back on the road, and get on the map?

-Lars

Channel below:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmD4yXcTyIY6M_roB13eD1g

Feedback is appreciated

At his size, I think collabs should be the last thing to worry about. He needs to find a niche/target audience, and make watchable addicting content that searches well.

The other thing that will pair with this, is AMAZING THUMBNAILS. I can't stress thumbnails enough, they are a huge factor in getting new viewership. A screenshot with text doesn't stand out anymore.

Lastly, cut your videos down to 5-10min. Getting new people to click on 20-30min videos is very very hard, and you're already working a saturated let's play market. If you really want to grow, you're going to have to put the long let's plays aside for now, and come back to them once you have a larger following. Make well edited and highly engaging content. Then you'll grow. Doing new game walkthroughs is tough, since Pewds, Jack, and Markiplier plus others soak up a lot of those viewers.

TheWickedOnes

Freedom! Member
Dec 28, 2015
YouTube
At his size, I think collabs should be the last thing to worry about. He needs to find a niche/target audience, and make watchable addicting content that searches well.

The other thing that will pair with this, is AMAZING THUMBNAILS. I can't stress thumbnails enough, they are a huge factor in getting new viewership. A screenshot with text doesn't stand out anymore.

Lastly, cut your videos down to 5-10min. Getting new people to click on 20-30min videos is very very hard, and you're already working a saturated let's play market. If you really want to grow, you're going to have to put the long let's plays aside for now, and come back to them once you have a larger following. Make well edited and highly engaging content. Then you'll grow. Doing new game walkthroughs is tough, since Pewds, Jack, and Markiplier plus others soak up a lot of those viewers.
First of all, Thank you for your time and legit tips! for that you earn my sub alone (and your high quality DOTA video's!)
As you were saying about the let's play thingy, you have some fair points, it's hard to blink out in crowd, have to rethink on the way to play through games and share them! as for the thumbnails I tried my best to take the feedback and make an new thumbnail style:
http://imgur.com/FyB3FiB
I read somewhere that red really catches the attention, so when a subscriber is scrolling through his sub page he might stop and have a better look! Planning to do some other series with more editing like highlights or montages which will link them to the original walkthrough so you have this little circle that will keep the viewer around the channel, like you said.
I know I already received a lot of your time, but what do you think of this take on the channel?

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
First of all, Thank you for your time and legit tips! for that you earn my sub alone (and your high quality DOTA video's!)
As you were saying about the let's play thingy, you have some fair points, it's hard to blink out in crowd, have to rethink on the way to play through games and share them! as for the thumbnails I tried my best to take the feedback and make an new thumbnail style:
http://imgur.com/FyB3FiB
I read somewhere that red really catches the attention, so when a subscriber is scrolling through his sub page he might stop and have a better look! Planning to do some other series with more editing like highlights or montages which will link them to the original walkthrough so you have this little circle that will keep the viewer around the channel, like you said.
I know I already received a lot of your time, but what do you think of this take on the channel?
That's better I guess, but I meant more in the way of making your text and imagery pop. Ad stroking, or shadow, or some bevel to the text. Place it somewhere on the image so it looks like it belongs (like between the spaces in someone's nostrils, or halfway behind a character and then infront of an other one so it blends in nicely). Harder to do though if you're not experienced with photoshop, but worth learning.

As far as the general feeling of your channel, the video quality is there (your mic quality can def be improved, sounds like it's clipping a lot of the time, try turning your gain down?) but I'm not into full play-throughs so I wouldn't subscribe. Channel art is good, and you upload regularly, which is to be expected of someone who doesn't do much editing.