jammychap

Freedom! Member
Nov 9, 2017
YouTube
jammychap
thumbnails matters a lot, eventhough people say you shouldnt judge a book by its cover many of us do so and this is also true for thumbnails so if your thumbnails isnt good there is a ibigger chance people will pass up on your video
Agreed, my artwork is looking a bit dated, chatting to a couple of clever people that might help me update things hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Do thumbnails matter that much? Also, where is a good place to create them?
It is the Thumbnail in combination with the Title, video description and tags. Many judge a video by or its thumbnail or its Title. I have seen videos with basic thumbnails and a strong title hit thousands of views while amazing thumbnail with poor title scored a few hundred. It all depends on how everything will be made as one.

colormejones

They're very important, and you need to make them stand out. Be consistent with them too, a lot of the times I can tell who the creator of a video is just by looking at the thumbnail (even if their name/logo isn't in it) because their thumbnails have a theme (like font)

IvyPlayGamez

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
Somewhere in Europe
YouTube
IvyMitsuno
Yes, they are the 1st "sneek peek" people have, that's why there is a thing called "click bait"
people click on something that might be or not true to the video
eg: "Hot chicks compilation" you have a thumnail with hot girls, but the video could be chicks as in baby chickens...that was a tricky method...or word trick