YouTube The Adpocalypse is over! Well kind of....

U

User.123120

The Adpocalypse is over! Well kind of....

Salutations friends, So the good news is that Youtube released a blog post yesterday regarding your content and how to make money on youtube which includes an update regarding companies and their adverts within Youtube.

In the blog post which you can find here Youtube within the first paragraph explain that they are addressing the issue and have been since March, they said: "In March we provided an update to changes we’re making to address advertiser concerns around where their advertisements are placed".

Then Youtube's blog post's goes on saying that they have had "thousands of productive conversations with advertisers" then Youtube update us on the fact that, they have informed the advertisers of the changes and have shown what new features and new ways of controlling where they share their advertisements.

The good news, most of the advertisers have agreed to come back! Youtube's blog quote: "As a result, many advertisers have resumed their media campaigns on YouTube, leading creator revenue to return to a better and more stable state" after the statement Youtube reassures us that the communications between Youtube and the Advertisers are still an on as Youtube are always look for feedback.

So as a result of this Youtube have now stated some of the new guidelines that they are going to introduce, So from the Youtube's blog here is what they have to say:

New guidelines around content that are eligible for ads

We’ve heard loud and clear from the creator community and from advertisers that YouTube needs to broaden our advertiser-friendly guidelines around a few additional types of content. We’ve responded by adding new guidelines to take a tougher stance on:

• Hateful content: Content that promotes discrimination or disparages or humiliates an individual or group of people on the basis of the individual’s or group’s race, ethnicity, or ethnic origin, nationality, religion, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristic associated with systematic discrimination or marginalization.
  • Inappropriate use of family entertainment characters: Content that depicts family entertainment characters engaged in the violent, sexual, vile, or otherwise inappropriate behavior, even if done for comedic or satirical purposes.
  • Incendiary and demeaning content: Content that is gratuitously incendiary, inflammatory, or demeaning. For example, video content that uses gratuitously disrespectful language that shames or insults an individual or group.
While it remains the case that videos that comply with our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines can remain on the platform, our advertiser-friendly content guidelines focus on what is specifically eligible for advertising. Content that does not comply with AdSense Policies and our ad-friendly guidelines will not be eligible for advertising.

So what do you guys and gals think?
Are we out of the woods yet?
Let me know in the comments below!

Also, Guess the quote and win some Credits!
"The word today is job, J-O-B!"
Good luck, see you next time!

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Yeah, well the problem is still there, not everyone that is under 10k channel views will have ads on them.

D

Deleted member 17740

So does this mean youtube should be coming back to normal now?
(with partnerships being like they used to?)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I think its good news that the adpocalypse is over, though to be honest it wasn't ever going to go on forever was it, as YouTube would of given incentives to get ads back and advertisers would be missing a huge potential if they didn't advertise on it. I do like how YouTube is cracking down on things that go against its rules, such as being more strict on hateful content etc.

The new guidelines to me are in understandable. I can see both sides of the coin here. On one side the advertisers have to maintain a squeeky clean image in a politically correct world. Associating their products with something other than the "politically correct" society could be devastating to their sales. On the other side of the coin you have a form of censorship if you want to monetize your videos and get ranked in the You Tube SEO you have to conform to You Tube's, now and ever changing stardards. So, are we out of the woods on the Adpocalypse? Well, like you said...sort of!

You Tube, I believe, will figure this all out over the next little while. They are a huge company and cannot afford to lose its creators to another platform. Like watching your channel grow...patience...it should sort itself out!

ColdPhantom

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 12, 2016
Holland
YouTube
"
  • Incendiary and demeaning content: Content that is gratuitously incendiary, inflammatory, or demeaning. For example, video content that uses gratuitously disrespectful language that shames or insults an individual or group. "
now if you call your friend an asshole does that mean you wont get revenue or less? (dont care tbh but still nice to have a clear answer)

I think the adpocalypse is over! I knew it wouldn't last forever because the advertisers would realize how much their ads were seen and how much revenue they would be missing out on. I am happy with the changes and I think it is something that was needed for a while to help better regulate what is put out on youtube. I'm not going to lie, the 10k views was a daunting prospect to try to meet and exceed to begin getting revenue but now that I have done it, I can't believe I was ever worried. I wish everyone much success!!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
The Adpocalypse is over! Well kind of....

Salutations friends, So the good news is that Youtube released a blog post yesterday regarding your content and how to make money on youtube which includes an update regarding companies and their adverts within Youtube.

In the blog post which you can find here Youtube within the first paragraph explain that they are addressing the issue and have been since March, they said: "In March we provided an update to changes we’re making to address advertiser concerns around where their advertisements are placed".

Then Youtube's blog post's goes on saying that they have had "thousands of productive conversations with advertisers" then Youtube update us on the fact that, they have informed the advertisers of the changes and have shown what new features and new ways of controlling where they share their advertisements.

The good news, most of the advertisers have agreed to come back! Youtube's blog quote: "As a result, many advertisers have resumed their media campaigns on YouTube, leading creator revenue to return to a better and more stable state" after the statement Youtube reassures us that the communications between Youtube and the Advertisers are still an on as Youtube are always look for feedback.

So as a result of this Youtube have now stated some of the new guidelines that they are going to introduce, So from the Youtube's blog here is what they have to say:

New guidelines around content that are eligible for ads

We’ve heard loud and clear from the creator community and from advertisers that YouTube needs to broaden our advertiser-friendly guidelines around a few additional types of content. We’ve responded by adding new guidelines to take a tougher stance on:

• Hateful content: Content that promotes discrimination or disparages or humiliates an individual or group of people on the basis of the individual’s or group’s race, ethnicity, or ethnic origin, nationality, religion, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristic associated with systematic discrimination or marginalization.
  • Inappropriate use of family entertainment characters: Content that depicts family entertainment characters engaged in the violent, sexual, vile, or otherwise inappropriate behavior, even if done for comedic or satirical purposes.
  • Incendiary and demeaning content: Content that is gratuitously incendiary, inflammatory, or demeaning. For example, video content that uses gratuitously disrespectful language that shames or insults an individual or group.
While it remains the case that videos that comply with our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines can remain on the platform, our advertiser-friendly content guidelines focus on what is specifically eligible for advertising. Content that does not comply with AdSense Policies and our ad-friendly guidelines will not be eligible for advertising.

So what do you guys and gals think?
Are we out of the woods yet?
Let me know in the comments below!

Also, Guess the quote and win some Credits!
"The word today is job, J-O-B!"
Good luck, see you next time!
It is good to see that many companies decided to return but i don't think we are oit of the woods yet as there are still companies who won't come back even after the changes so i'm curious how it will eventually work out.

Jun 11, 2017
YouTube
Hi my name is Bader, I have a channel in youtube that is specialized in games, I have 317 subscribers and I hope this number will increase, Yalit enter my channel and Vison subscriber
My name is channel iTzZ-7ra8