Anime and Cartoons Tales of demons and gods [Manga Review]

Talk about all things anime and cartoons here! UwU

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Hello there again guys. I am back with another review for a thing that hardly anyone has heard of.... its MANGA

So recently I've re read (yes, i read some manga multiple times, just my thing) this manga called "Tales of demons and gods" and thought I could share the joys of manga with all of you ! Now why this manga ? Because I love wuxia as a whole. Though that is a bit broad word and once again not a word that makes any sense to most of the humanity, so let me explain !

Wuxia is a genre of... things, like anime, manga, movies, novels, books, ect. While the community online strives in form of novels, some part of these novels get adapted into manga (or manhwa if you wana be specific) and ofc there are some movies and books for the genre but lets not get into that.

So what is wuxia... Wiki link Should help, but in short its chinese martial hero story kind of a thing, where a hero usually fights of evil powers and so on and so forth. So yes, if you are not a fan of martial action, feel free to stop reading.

On to the manga !

While this is not the manga I would suggest to people wanting to get into manga or wuxia, it is one of my favorites and was definitely worth a 2nd read.

Whole manga revolves around Nie Li a boy from "heavenly mark" family. In his previous life he lost his family, town and lover to monsters. He traveled the world and eventually got killed fighting monsters. Though this, is literally the beginning of the story. Due to so far not entirely explained circumstances, hes soul is back to the time when he was 13 years old. How will his wast knowledge of the world and future will help him deal with incoming destruction of his town ?

Now doesnt that sound pretty amazing :) ? When I've read the summary I was already in love. While most heroes in manga are special in one way or another, i loved the idea of him knowing the future, changing the past and comparing it to his previous life.

Manga it self does not have much of a direct character growth (this is not really a genre suited for that, it has more of a growth for characters power than character itself), though indirectly I would argue that character growth is displayed in the flashbacks and comparisons to his previous life and a slow realization how amazing he already was back then.

Whole story as previously mentioned revolves around how Nie Li tries to change the future and prevent the monsters attack. To be exact, its more about the training to become stronger than he was in his last life to protect the town. Of course along the way there are power struggles with other characters, rivalry and other miscellaneous things to make up the actual story (like hitting on girls or going on a treasure hunt).

Some thoughts to wrap this up.

While I believe this is a great manga, it is not for everyone. If you do enjoy action adventure type of things and absolutely love watching characters get stronger while being completely awesome, you're in for a treat then !

Just to share some of the awesomeness, here is one of the cooler scenes for our 13 year old character
(The one with orange clothes, that has the death aura around him :)) :

Hope you like this :)

Feel free to leave your thoughts about this manga and so on in replies.
I will make a new thread for discussions about wuxia and manga in generall. Will be linked here, later on !

Thanks for reading <3

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Wow. Such a detailed review there @Nerd Got to say I have never heard of 'Tales of Demons and Gods' but after reading that, it has definitely perked my interest.