YouTube Suggestions please! Live streaming a small concert

iPIxelDot

Freedom! Member
I will be live streaming a small local concert within the next month. The last one I used my DSLR with the Elgato capture card on OBS, but it was not up to par as for quality. I think it was because I had to use a composite cable to do it as the feed wasn't any larger than 500pixels. :\ I have plans to order an HDMI to mini HDMI cable for the camera to the capture card, but I still fear that it would still not be enough. PLUS I have a huge fear that my D5200 camera will overheat on me as the concert is usually about 3 hours long. And it does have tendency to turn off the feed at random times, which is annoying during a live stream.

So I am looking for another alternative. I have tried the Logitech C615 webcam but it has issues focusing on the band from the distance (makes sense since it's a webcam meant for personal use and not from afar). Are there any camcorder style cameras that I can look into? Or maybe a better webcam that can used for this? I am looking to buy a Samsung 360 camera and even though I want to do 360 videos and images, I still want to be able to post videos not in 360 view (not even sure if this camera can do that, but if it did, that would be awesome).

I am on a budget, so I can't just go out and buy anything (sadly). I'd prefer NOT to use my DSLR.