Solved Stolen channels on YouTube with authentication enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Peterson

Rising User
Oct 26, 2016
Goodnight,
I'm already wrote at partner[at]freedom tm but it take so much time to solve this problem... cant waint 48-72 hours, because I'm afraid that it will hurt the channels.

A month ago I hired a man to work at my channels. He works all april, and it was ok.
but today he stole my channels by changing the mail to his.

I'm sure he contacted Freedom support team to change email in my Freedom profile, because he deleted all messages with Freedom...

He also changed payment details, name and email in Freedom account.
I dont know why, but I still can log into my primary account: Freedom ID: 1692*** Thats why i know email he used :)

I dont know how he changed emails, because i use authenticator and SMS for my channels... its very strange.

I can free log in my emails, the channels just disappeared.

Also, i cant contact yt-partner-support[at]google com, Because I do not pass by the criteria... have ~98k subs, Millions of views on channels... God dammit, this is annoying.

PS: Check screenshot of my 2nd email accaunt activity... i dont know who is Russia (188.186.235.54) but he logged in yesterday (May 9, 2017).
PSS: For some reason there is no strange things in my main email. *SadFace*

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 3

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Freedom! support will be able to revert the dashboard changes if there were any.

Regarding what was said in the other thread, have you tried the account recovery link I gave you there?

Upvote 0

James Peterson

Rising User
Oct 26, 2016
Freedom! support will be able to revert the dashboard changes if there were any.

Regarding what was said in the other thread, have you tried the account recovery link I gave you there?
Hello, yes.
But there is no recovery point for me.
I changed the password as soon as I found the problem.

My channels just gone from my gmail accounts.

Upvote 0

James Peterson

Rising User
Oct 26, 2016
I think he had access for several weeks to contact the support team to somehow change the email address ... maybe he used the services of hackers or he himself is a hacker.
At the same time, not a single letter on this matter has survived.

Btw, can we talk via Skype for easy and fast communication?
My nickname: layersadist (Dmytro Potapov)

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I think he had access for several weeks to contact the support team to somehow change the email address ... maybe he used the services of hackers or he himself is a hacker.
At the same time, not a single letter on this matter has survived.

Btw, can we talk via Skype for easy and fast communication?
My nickname: BLEEP
One day people will stop talking about hackers on every corner of the internet. The person is not a hacker and didn't hire a hacker as transferring a brand account is just a YouTube feature and not a hack. I'm looking into whether this can be reverted at the moment. Also I'm not talking to people on the internet on Skype for safety reasons.

EDIT
I've now talked to the person, there's no way to revert these changes. You'd need to ask the person moving the account to change it back. For the future, never give someone your password directly, though instead add them as a manager as described here:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/4628007

Last edited:
Upvote 0

James Peterson

Rising User
Oct 26, 2016
One day people will stop talking about hackers on every corner of the internet. The person is not a hacker and didn't hire a hacker as transferring a brand account is just a YouTube feature and not a hack. I'm looking into whether this can be reverted at the moment. Also I'm not talking to people on the internet on Skype for safety reasons.

EDIT
I've now talked to the person, there's no way to revert these changes. You'd need to ask the person moving the account to change it back. For the future, never give someone your password directly, though instead add them as a manager as described here:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/4628007
I can not get my channels back? Please tell me im wrong!

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I can not get my channels back? Please tell me im wrong!
As it was moved to another account I have to assume the brand account got transferred. You can try talking to the person though there's nothing YouTube/Freedom!/we can do really.

For the future, never give anyone your password. There's other ways.

Upvote 0

James Peterson

Rising User
Oct 26, 2016
As it was moved to another account I have to assume the brand account got transferred. You can try talking to the person though there's nothing YouTube/Freedom!/we can do really.

For the future, never give anyone your password.
So he get my payments for March/April?! I recieved payments via Bank transfers...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.