YouTube Still worthwhile to do content like that?

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
I decided to try out taking my channel in a different direction and take a break from pure gameplay/let's play content and decided to try out more substantial and meaningful content. Things like retrospectives, video essays, non-game reviews, video game science (example "The Science of No Man's Sky: Oxygen"), "It's been X years since X's launch, how is this game now?", behind the scenes videos, etc.

However, because of games like Super Mario Maker 2 and The Binding of Isaac (a game I actually like, not just because of the upcoming Repentance DLC), I've been reconsidering, is doing gaming content still worthwhile? Or no? Would my channel be better with the meatier/more substantial content like I had described?

ShadowKnife Gaming

New User
Freedom! Member
Jul 9, 2019
YouTube
I don't know if this will help you at all but make the videos that you enjoy making. I don't know how other people feel but when I watch someone who enjoys what they do it makes it all the more interesting

Reactions: TheWarGamer11

TheWarGamer11

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 6, 2014
YouTube
thewargamer11
I would say try it out, it seams like you have a viewer base of gamers, that might enjoy learning about some things about the games that you play that they didn't know about before. I would try to keep it game related, and do it on the games you are currently are playing on your channel, and if you want to expand on the games that you play on your channel, and then want to add some extra content like what you are saying "video game science", "behind the scenes videos" perhaps the making of the games or lores found/told in the games, perhaps you can do some headcanons about the lore and add your own options. just a few Ideas.