YouTube Sound Effects In Videos.

Crillikin

Rising User
Dec 15, 2016
YouTube
Crillikin
I watch a lot of funny gaming moments videos from YouTubers like MiniLadd and VanossGaming. One thing that got me curious is how do they get sound effects and music that's heard every where else, and know if it's copyrighted or not (or usable in a video)? Like cartoon punch sound effects or dramatic sneaking music.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Most of the music they use is royalty free, sound effects are less than 1 second most of the time so noone would bother claiming that, it also falls under fair use.

TheRAMPAGE

Well-Known User
Apr 20, 2014
YouTube
TheRAMPAGE572
With the Freesound you got to remember to credit but you can sometimes get a content ID on your video that you may have to flight it.
The site offers free sounds that you are able to use I believe... I haven't looked into their license agreement in a while but I'm pretty sure it's fine.

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
The site offers free sounds that you are able to use I believe... I haven't looked into their license agreement in a while but I'm pretty sure it's fine.

I use the site before and got a account. When you upload a file, you pick the license agreement you want e.g.

TheRAMPAGE

Well-Known User
Apr 20, 2014
YouTube
TheRAMPAGE572