Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hey everyone! I've come here to make a short nice post with a few ideas I've had for the credit system recently!

I really like the system as it is currently, these are just some ideas that would possibly make it more fun or interesting to get:
  1. Some competitive aspect to it. By that I mean making something like entering a raffle by paying a few credits and having a random winner get them all or something like that.
  2. Fix the statistics page or remove it. It's the same as clicking on the Credits text itself but everything's in tiny scrollbar divider boxes. Done!
  3. Removing the poorest members thing on the credits page. It will just randomly feature inactive members. Done!
  4. Allow for purchasing of *drumroll* clickable links in chat *large moans of audience* for a ton of credits. That'll allow people like me to link people to something when they need help, e.g. a support article or one of my guides. Because currently you can post a juicy support article in chat that someone would need to copy and paste in their URL bar. Ain't nobody gonna do that.
  5. Some frames around your profile picture that look cool, you could buy and that make you look like the rich shmuck you are.
  6. Changing the Credit: ... to Credits: ... on top of the page Done!
  7. Allow for unlocking access to the full list of chat and forum emotes with our favorites Ninja Georgie and Koala. If ya pay.
  8. Give a set amount of credits to someone once they get MOTM.
  9. Bring back the rewards for viewing forums. Won't happen.
  10. Custom tag (The thing below your name)
  11. Rewards for reports on threads getting accepted
  12. Higher rewards for replying to an announcement thread earlier
  13. Allowing for your threads to be broadcasted in chat by Freedom! Bot once you post them except for promotion threads
  14. Allow for larger conversations
  15. Let us put one more channel or subscribe button under posts next to the current one for credits
  16. Rewards on writing chat messages (1 cent per message, just a little bit)
  17. Make the payment fees a percentage of the money donation instead of fixed 5 credits
  18. Get access to a Veteran Forum or chat room for rich shmucks and Staff only
  19. Have your life and forum achievements uploaded into a cloud for them to live on forever
Okay I've been rambling for quite a while now. I overall like the credits and can't wait for the unlocks...

Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hey everyone! I've come here to make a short nice post with a few ideas I've had for the credit system recently!

I really like the system as it is currently, these are just some ideas that would possibly make it more fun or interesting to get:
  1. Some competitive aspect to it. By that I mean making something like entering a raffle by paying a few credits and having a random winner get them all or something like that.
  2. Fix the statistics page or remove it. It's the same as clicking on the Credits text itself but everything's in tiny scrollbar divider boxes.
  3. Removing the poorest members thing on the credits page. It will just randomly feature inactive members.
  4. Allow for purchasing of *drumroll* clickable links in chat *large moans of audience* for a ton of credits. That'll allow people like me to link people to something when they need help, e.g. a support article or one of my guides. Because currently you can post a juicy support article in chat that someone would need to copy and paste in their URL bar. Ain't nobody gonna do that.
  5. Some frames around your profile picture that look cool, you could buy and that make you look like the rich shmuck you are.
  6. Changing the Credit: ... to Credits: ... on top of the page
  7. Allow for unlocking access to the full list of chat and forum emotes with our favorites Ninja Georgie and Koala. If ya pay.
  9. Bring back the rewards for viewing forums.
Okay I've been rambling for quite a while now. I overall like the credits and can't wait for the unlocks...
Some good ideas there about the credit system - I don't think number 9 would be possible, as we excluded this from our original concept due to the chance of it being used to manipulate credits and being used incorrectly. I like the idea of number 1 - and I shall definitely mention this to Anthony Smith, maybe even see if we can't get some Freedom goodies to hand out for the raffle or something like that :)

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I've updated some ideas and added some, including:
  • Custom tag (The thing below your name)
  • Rewards for reports on threads getting accepted
  • Higher rewards for replying to an announcement thread earlier
  • Allowing for your threads to be broadcasted in chat by Freedom! Bot once you post them
  • Allow for larger conversations
  • Let us put one more channel or subscribe button under posts next to the current one for credits
  • Rewards on writing chat messages (1 cent per message, just a little bit)
I've also color coded some ideas to show whether they will or won't be likely to happen.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I hope you'll come back to the forums!
Ahw, now your making me blush haha. Have been very busy as of late with multipile things making it difficult to be at all the places i want to be :p
But that aside i am going to do my best and be on the forums more like i always have been :D

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Ahw, now your making me blush haha. Have been very busy as of late with multipile things making it difficult to be at all the places i want to be :p
But that aside i am going to do my best and be on the forums more like i always have been :D

I am definitely glad to read that!
No gonna lie, I have missed having you around the forums, you were and still are the most active user ever for the Freedom! Forums.
10,601 Posts - TwilightPrinze

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I am definitely glad to read that!
No gonna lie, I have missed having you around the forums, you were and still are the most active user ever for the Freedom! Forums.
10,601 Posts - TwilightPrinze
Great to hear that people miss me and to be honest i have missed it too. Finding time to do all the things i want is becoming difficult but i'm gonna try to hop on the forums from time to time from my mobile at least :D[DOUBLEPOST=1487781690][/DOUBLEPOST]

2. Fix the statistics page or remove it. It's the same as clicking on the Credits text itself but everything's in tiny scrollbar divider boxes. Done!
  3. Removing the poorest members thing on the credits page. It will just randomly feature inactive members. Done!
  6. Changing the Credit: ... to Credits: ... on top of the page Done!
  9. Bring back the rewards for viewing forums. Won't happen.
  10. Custom tag (The thing below your name)
  11. Rewards for reports on threads getting accepted
  12. Higher rewards for replying to an announcement thread earlier
  13. Allowing for your threads to be broadcasted in chat by Freedom! Bot once you post them except for promotion threads
  14. Allow for larger conversations
  15. Let us put one more channel or subscribe button under posts next to the current one for credits
  16. Rewards on writing chat messages (1 cent per message, just a little bit)
  17. Make the payment fees a percentage of the money donation instead of fixed 5 credits
  18. Get access to a Veteran Forum or chat room for rich shmucks and Staff only
  19. Have your life and forum achievements uploaded into a cloud for them to live on forever
Regarding the system i think i found a BUG, i replied to a couple posts from my mobile earlier today and noticed i didn't recieved credits for it, now that i am on my laptop i do get the ones i do now though :p

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Yeah. At least 10-15 minutes each day is enough to catch up with people and make a few comments.
That indeed, now if i would also get credits for the ones i do on mobile it would be double great but so far i noticed that mobile post don't work towards earning credits. Already notified Koala about it though :p

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
What sections were they in and how many did you lose?
It was in the introduction section and some normal topics like Gaming and such. The ones i did on my latop counted towards it but the once i did from mobile did not. Already contacted Koala though as now it is going to be hard to race you for No.1 haha