So my second channel got partnered... I'm confused.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I thought that my other channel would be rejected because it only has over 400 lifetime views. And you need 10,000 to be able to monetize your videos, right? How did my channel get in? I requested to link my channel when it was pretty much new, before YouTube changed their policy. Although, I did also monetize my videos before the policy changed. But I don't seem to be earning any money since the change. So I'm somewhat confused on how it managed to pass the review and get partnered.

Rezar

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 10, 2017
YouTube
I thought that my other channel would be rejected because it only has over 400 lifetime views. And you need 10,000 to be able to monetize your videos, right? How did my channel get in? I requested to link my channel when it was pretty much new, before YouTube changed their policy. Although, I did also monetize my videos before the policy changed. But I don't seem to be earning any money since the change. So I'm somewhat confused on how it managed to pass the review and get partnered.
rip :'(

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Since you partnered your channel before all the changes it could be that you won't be unlinked for it. The monetize option on the other hand only comes available once you passed the 10K views.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As you had requested to partner before the new 10K views were introduced Freedom still has the ability to accept the partnership request and link you with the network. However for any new partnership requests, they have to have the 10K views and other requirements in order to join.

BlueBard

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2014
YouTube
I think they use their own discretion. I was partnered very early on when you also had to have a certain amount of view, but I requested to be partnered, and they accepted.

I think if your channel doesn't offend or is relatively 'family friendly' they'll consider it more quickly than others.