YouTube should u private old videos

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
i have old videos back in 2014 that i didn't want to delete them they made about 7-50 views tops and should i keep them private or have them unlisted or even public i only did it because ppl were hating those old videos so much they never wanted to see my new content and also my new content was so hidden as well so i wanted to ask should u private old videos

Reactions: Vesta

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Pretty much up to you. If you're proud of a specific video of those why not make it public ;)

Unlisted would also be an option, who knows, maybe it blows up through a link for some reason

Reactions: Vesta

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Nah, in most cases, I think it's a pretty bad thing to do, even if a video is really old and or has like, over three dislikes or something. Shows you're dishonest, lying, etc.

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
Keep the old videos as a means of showing how much you have changed since those times.
i mean yeah but they were pretty cringe tho.[DOUBLEPOST=1522259839][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nah, in most cases, I think it's a pretty bad thing to do, even if a video is really old and or has like, over three dislikes or something. Shows you're dishonest, lying, etc.
how am i were lying or dishonest i mean i did delete a few that have about 1 view and even on my channel that makes 6 views normally but really im supposed to make 10 views normally

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Yes I believe you should unlist videos if you wanted to, that way their stats are still counted in your YouTube analytics and you still have the videos for prosperity.

Vesta

New User
Apr 9, 2018
YouTube
It's always better to keep your videos.
Your viewers can look back and see what you evolved from, how you've improved and how your channel started.

Reactions: Kratos Aurion

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
I have never made my old videos private or unlisted. I even did a few videos where I react to my old videos. It's nice to keep them around to show how much you have improved.
tbh my first video i deleted it like in 2015 i removed it

NinjaZombieGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2014
YouTube
NZGsNinja
If i unlisted my old videos I would honestly end up unlisting 900 or so videos, I'm very self critical and am always trying to make better videos, so I end up being very hard on myself no matter what I thought of the video when I made it! so i just embrace all the crap videos as a way to show my growth over the years.

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
If i unlisted my old videos I would honestly end up unlisting 900 or so videos, I'm very self critical and am always trying to make better videos, so I end up being very hard on myself no matter what I thought of the video when I made it! so i just embrace all the crap videos as a way to show my growth over the years.
i mean my first very first video i removed it i kinda wish yt had a video archive or something

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
Yeah, I have most of my videos saved on external hard drives. Just incase something happens to my channel I still have most of my videos saved.
i could just save my old videos and put them on google photos so i pretty much have infinite storage incase i do delte them since my videos in 2014 early 2015 were made not on a computer they were on a tablet tho at the time in mid 2015 i bought a laptop tho i should of just bought a desktop because then i could of put an gt 1030 inside of but then btw i dont own an chromebook thank god