Should I Upgrade To Windows 10?

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
As many games are also releasing exclusive to Windows 10 only so should I upgrade to Windows 10 or stay with Windows 7?

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
As many games are also releasing exclusive to Windows 10 only so should I upgrade to Windows 10 or stay with Windows 7?

Its really up to personal preference, I'm personally staying with Windows 7 as long as I can. I'm doing this a few reasons
  • No WINDOWS UPDATES!!! when you are trying to do stuff (My dad had over 2 hours of windows updates when he just wanted to show us something he had been working on).
  • The layout, Windows 10 has a fairly different layout (not just the start menu). with "THIS PC" instead of my computer e.t.c I prefer the old layout.
  • Windows 10 doesn't support old games. (games like Star trek elite force, red alert 2 e.t.c). They got rid of 16 bit application support with 10.
  • Windows 10 has complete corrupted my SSD twice before. This was back when you had a 1 year free upgrade / trial available. twice I gave it a go for a bit, twice I went back only to find that half way through the process it would crash, restart my PC and not be able to boot. (I wasn't the only person to experience this btw).
  • A lot of people use 7 over 10 (https://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp) Only recently has it gone with 10 having more than 7 (Roughly)
In the long run its up to you if you think the change is worth it, for me all the game I want to play are gonna be on steam anyways so its not OS locked.​

Last edited:

Sky Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 7, 2016
U.S.A
YouTube
gamersky571
Sorry but i prefer windows 10 and i currently have windows 10 also.Its speed is s good(Depends on how much space you have).It have a free store with free games.A very good browser microsoft edge.

C

Corpfox

When I upgraded to Windows 10, found out that doesn't come with Windows Movie Maker. Also, like Dev_J said, I play old games and none of them worked! My mom has a Windows 10 laptop. It looks clean but it has a lot of ads and seems ideally for a tablet or touchscreen. So, went back to Windows 7.

An English Gent Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 30, 2017
YouTube
ENGGentGaming
I run windows 10 and just for gaming on and doing minimal stuff I think it is fine - I just play games, record edit and then upload them.

for anything super intense I use windows 7 - but that isnt for gaming stuff so I would say yeah get it. It will tkae a bit of time to get used to things being diffrent but I have no complaints about it so far.

- Gent

Usgamers

Freedom! Member
Jan 19, 2015
YouTube
hdshowGFX
Microsoft is slowly killing windows 7, some new intel cpu's (I don't know about ryzen) won't work with windows 7. some updates take forever but most of the time it's little patches. If you do get windows 10 you might want to turn off the privacy settings. Windows 10 uses more resources but there's a workaround for that. overall I think you should stay with windows 7 for now, Microsoft is really pushing windows 10 to be in every home. so an upgrade might be sooner than you think