Opinion Should I start a Youtube or Twitch?

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
I'm guessing you're wondering if I am asking this.

WRONG!!!!

I see so many posts like this daily in the forums, facebook groups, and such.

So let's go into the benefits and cons of both.

YOUTUBE:
1. Easy access
2. Videos don't fade off the platform
3. likes, comments, shares, watch time all help boost a video ranking.

Cons:
1. unable to monetize directly early on
2. The revenue split doesn't favor the creator

Twitch
1. Easy access
2. Largest gaming platform for continuous streaming
3. Access to donations early on

Cons:
1. Harder to get noticed earlier
2. More grindy than Youtube
3. Lack of innate video saving (although they are working on this)

It's easy to tell via pros and cons, that both have their uses. However, as someone who personally uses both, let me tell you the unbiased benefits of both. Twitch is awesome, and more fun, and you can get "raided" which may be the huge bonus as some big streamer may choose to raid you and then all of a sudden, you get notoriety. However, it personally can be hard to decide what game to stream that would optimize your twitch growth, and the way twitch promotes its streams, it is not favorable to a small streamer. However, it is definitely is nice being able to get donations early if people wish to.

Where as Youtube, streams are generally rallied around the overall engagement and if you can get comments and likes, youtube will push it to more people. In addition, you can also be posting daily to boost numbers, where as Twitch's video system isn't fully implemented yet.

In my opinion, start where you want, but be happy with where you start. ok?

Reactions: It's The Kid

It's The Kid

Mar 15, 2018
Paterson
YouTube
I'm guessing you're wondering if I am asking this.

WRONG!!!!

I see so many posts like this daily in the forums, facebook groups, and such.

So let's go into the benefits and cons of both.

YOUTUBE:
1. Easy access
2. Videos don't fade off the platform
3. likes, comments, shares, watch time all help boost a video ranking.

Cons:
1. unable to monetize directly early on
2. The revenue split doesn't favor the creator

Twitch
1. Easy access
2. Largest gaming platform for continuous streaming
3. Access to donations early on

Cons:
1. Harder to get noticed earlier
2. More grindy than Youtube
3. Lack of innate video saving (although they are working on this)

It's easy to tell via pros and cons, that both have their uses. However, as someone who personally uses both, let me tell you the unbiased benefits of both. Twitch is awesome, and more fun, and you can get "raided" which may be the huge bonus as some big streamer may choose to raid you and then all of a sudden, you get notoriety. However, it personally can be hard to decide what game to stream that would optimize your twitch growth, and the way twitch promotes its streams, it is not favorable to a small streamer. However, it is definitely is nice being able to get donations early if people wish to.

Where as Youtube, streams are generally rallied around the overall engagement and if you can get comments and likes, youtube will push it to more people. In addition, you can also be posting daily to boost numbers, where as Twitch's video system isn't fully implemented yet.

In my opinion, start where you want, but be happy with where you start. ok?
Yup Im hapopy making videos on Youtube and happy to be now streaming on twitch to use to have fun and video ideas
Stay amazing my dude