Solved Sample clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Not sure what you mean by sample clearance? If you mean a way to try out the partnership before joining, then no not really.

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
"Sample Clearance" is a big word and in most cases doesn't have a direct correlation to Freedom!. Could you rephrase the question to be more clear by telling us what you mean by "sample clearance" in this specific case, preferably providing an example of what you would expect Freedom! to do there?

Upvote 0

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
Not sure what you mean by sample clearance? If you mean a way to try out the partnership before joining, then no not really.

"Sample Clearance" is a big word and in most cases doesn't have a direct correlation to Freedom!. Could you rephrase the question to be more clear by telling us what you mean by "sample clearance" in this specific case, preferably providing an example of what you would expect Freedom! to do there?

Freedom offers Content ID correct. So put two and two together. Sorry not gonna educate you on sample clearance. You can do some research then get back to me.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Freedom offers Content ID correct. So put two and two together. Sorry not gonna educate you on sample clearance. You can do some research then get back to me.
You do realise that's a bit like me saying well - do you homework on Freedom. I wouldn't say that though as I try and help people and leave support threads answered and helpful for anyone else reading them.

So for everyone's reference -
When you do need permission to sample, the first step is to find the copyright owner. The process of getting permission from the owners of the sampled music is referred to as "sample clearance." When you sample music from a pop recording, you need two clearances:
  1. the first from the copyright owner of the song, usually a music publisher, and
  2. the second from the copyright owner of the master recordings, usually a record company.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed
Upvote 0

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
As far as I'm aware Freedom! doesn't do this for partners, it's up to the individual user. This may be possible as something that could be introduced, I will send this on as a suggestion next meeting.[DOUBLEPOST=1527156994,1527145834][/DOUBLEPOST]So it turns out Freedom! does have something similar to this, but it depends on the music licence being requested. If you want to use music from a publisher/copyright hold you can send a request to support and they may be able get the permission for you.

Upvote 0

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
You do realise that's a bit like me saying well - do you homework on Freedom. I wouldn't say that though as I try and help people and leave support threads answered and helpful for anyone else reading them.

So for everyone's reference -
When you do need permission to sample, the first step is to find the copyright owner. The process of getting permission from the owners of the sampled music is referred to as "sample clearance." When you sample music from a pop recording, you need two clearances:
  1. the first from the copyright owner of the song, usually a music publisher, and
  2. the second from the copyright owner of the master recordings, usually a record company.

Yea but Freedom doesnt have info on this. Which is why i asked here :). And there's plenty of info on sample clearance.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.