YouTube Regarding YouTube's Subscription Service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
Hello, Freedom! Family

A lot of people have seen information on YouTube's Paid Subscription service and have a lot of questions! I am going to answer these for you! :)

FIRST, Going to squash a few things I have seen, You will be able to still monetize your videos IN THE US if you opt in, you just won't be able to make the extra money that you would if the paid subscription was allowed in your country or networks country. It's basically like fan funding if you don't have it you won't be harmed, but if you do it can REALLY help your channel. I just got out of a call with the COO of Freedom!

It's 5:51 when I am posting this. Freedom! is aware and are in talks of getting Fan Funding for Freedom! partners, there is no ETA because that is a YouTube call and ultimately it's when they wish to allow us that.

On the subject of OPTING in to monetize, this is something that George talked about in May, and is still being worked on. Freedom! is one of the Largest MCN's on YouTube and we are working with them daily to make sure Freedom! Partners get all the benefits of partnering with YouTube.

The reason it shows your account is not eligible for this feature when you try to click on the monetization options link, is because you are with an MCN, and monetization is controlled by Freedom! as agreed to the contract we all signed. THIS IS THE SAME FOR ANY CHANNEL WITH AN MCN!

We have accepted the new rules for YouTube and are just waiting on a confirmation from them to make sure we are good to go.

It will most likely role out to our partners and ALL OF YOUTUBE in the following weeks! IT WAS RELEASED FIRST TO THEIR DIRECT PARTNERS (ADSENSE) AND MCNS (SUCH AS FREEDOM!) However, the new TOS have not been pushed out officially by YouTube yet, so that is probably why we are seeing nothing when we head to the dashboard tab on YOUTUBE!

ALSO, if you don't pay for subscriptions of 10 dollars a month YouTube will still have ads and be as it is now, the only difference of getting the service is a music service by YouTube, and no ads on all videos. Similar to twitch's sub service, but for all of YouTube!

NOTE: Since this is all still new it could change at any time, I will update this thread when more information roles out!

I hope that clears some of the confusion! Thank you and have a great day!

- Community Interaction Division

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
So, I guess I'm just ignorant, but is it like Twitch where you can choose to follow, or choose to pay for a subscription? Like for Youtube, It'd be subscribe for free to the channel and see ads, or pay and ditch ads, and get music service? The main reason I am leary of switching over when we get approved, is I don't want to screw my subs who are already watching by saying, "pay for my stuff now"

Reactions: iwanabe

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
So, I guess I'm just ignorant, but is it like Twitch where you can choose to follow, or choose to pay for a subscription? Like for Youtube, It'd be subscribe for free to the channel and see ads, or pay and ditch ads, and get music service? The main reason I am leary of switching over when we get approved, is I don't want to screw my subs who are already watching by saying, "pay for my stuff now"
No don't worry bro... youtube won't change at all... paying the $10 a month gets rid of the ads and gives you the music service thing... it's more like subscribing to youtube than to a particular channel...

The reason I like it is because people will be paid alot more from me watching cause they will get a portion of the $10 based on watchtime instead of the $0.0001 they would get from a normal view...

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
No don't worry bro... youtube won't change at all... paying the $10 a month gets rid of the ads and gives you the music service thing... it's more like subscribing to youtube than to a particular channel...

The reason I like it is because people will be paid alot more from me watching cause they will get a portion of the $10 based on watchtime instead of the $0.0001 they would get from a normal view...
Oh , cool. I would probably buy into that.

Reactions: iwanabe and Kan

Laurenc

New User
Jan 3, 2015
I live in a small country in europe and more than 60% of my audience is from the US, UK ect. Basically english speaking countries. So my question is:
Are all countries eligible to opt-in to the subscription service?

Reactions: iwanabe and Kan

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
I live in a small country in europe and more than 60% of my audience is from the US, UK ect. Basically english speaking countries. So my question is:
Are all countries eligible to opt-in to the subscription service?

All countries are eligible to OPT in from the current understanding, but only certain countries will be able to buy the subscription service. That is everyone's current understanding of this system! YouTube has still not sent anything out as of writing this.

Reactions: iwanabe and Laurenc

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
i was thinking this over night. i think i be cool to pay $10. i just give up netflix. youtube is so far better than netflix :) this guy over youtube was talking about. he got 1 thing right. a web need make money to keep going and for me. that is very imported that youtube get that money. so ya, i support this idea as long it dont hurt my profit too much :)

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
So I've been poking around...

I talked to some friends over at Curse, and a couple other networks. And none of them have had the chance to opt in yet...

Maybe they just haven't got to it yet...
I'm not really sure what's up...

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
So I've been poking around...

I talked to some friends over at Curse, and a couple other networks. And none of them have had the chance to opt in yet...

Maybe they just haven't got to it yet...
I'm not really sure what's up...

It's the MCN's that can not partners directly, youtube hasn't sent that out to all partners yet :)

Are we able to opt in?

See my above reply!

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
thank you for clearing this up, I hope more information about this whole program and the roll out date wiil be made available soonish. I am also glad to see that freedom is on the ball with this. Btw is this the reason why George disapeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.