Solved Referring self?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
Will i get in trouble if i refer myself (my other channel) using my own referral link? thanks!

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Yes. Instead of referring yourself (which will be abuse of the referral system and might result in your referral link being deactivated), add your channel the "correct way" to your existing Freedom! Dashboard account:

1. Go to https://www.freedom.tm/dashboard/profile
2. Click "Add channels":
upload_2018-4-28_22-8-11.png

There add the new channel. If you want to use a different Freedom! Dashboard account just create one at https://freedom.tm, just don't use your own reflink.

Upvote 0

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
Yes. Instead of referring yourself (which will be abuse of the referral system and might result in your referral link being deactivated), add your channel the "correct way" to your existing Freedom! Dashboard account:

1. Go to https://www.freedom.tm/dashboard/profile
2. Click "Add channels":
View attachment 20101

There add the new channel. If you want to use a different Freedom! Dashboard account just create one at https://freedom.tm, just don't use your own reflink.

So your freedom is linked by what? your name or channel? So my profile is me not my channel per say?

ok what are the referral percentages? And does it take away from the person being refered? Also how will freedom know if i refereed myself?

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
ok what are the referral percentages?
You will get 15% referral earnings for one year.

And does it take away from the person being refered?
No, it takes from Freedom!'s cut. Here's an old visualization I made of it:

This visualization assumes the default revenue share of 60%. The revenue share might be increased up to 95% for the partner, you will still get your referral money.

Also how will freedom know if i refereed myself?
Signups using referral links are checked manually for Action Fraud, they have tools to find out and will likely not disclose what they are looking for to prevent gaming of the system.

Adding from edit:

So your freedom is linked by what? your name or channel? So my profile is me not my channel per say?
One Freedom! Dashboard account can hold multiple channels, your profile is kind of you as the person managing the channels' relationship to Freedom!.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
You will get 15% referral earnings for one year.

No, it takes from Freedom!'s cut. Here's an old visualization I made of it:

This visualization assumes the default revenue share of 60%. The revenue share might be increased up to 95% for the partner, you will still get your referral money.

Signups using referral links are checked manually for Action Fraud, they have tools to find out and will likely not disclose what they are looking for to prevent gaming of the system.

Adding from edit:

One Freedom! Dashboard account can hold multiple channels, your profile is kind of you as the person managing the channels' relationship to Freedom!.

Ok is this stated anywhere that referring a channel that you help run is against the rules? because i help run the channel i am not full owner. I am manager..

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Ok is this stated anywhere that referring a channel that you help run is against the rules? because i help run the channel i am not full owner. I am manager..
Well first off you need to be the owner of the channel to add it to Freedom! (Contract Section 1: Overview)
upload_2018-4-28_22-37-32.png

In that case if the person owning the channel were to use your referral link it would be fine as you are just recruiting a friend which is just what the referral system is designed for.

(Also IANAL)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
Well first off you need to be the owner of the channel to add it to Freedom! (Contract Section 1: Overview)
View attachment 20102

In that case if the person owning the channel were to use your referral link it would be fine as you are just recruiting a friend which is just what the referral system is designed for.

(Also IANAL)

Ok but i help run the channel. I am co owner/ manager so i can login to the account. So i didnt know if that would flag the system in some way that would get me in trouble.. thanks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.