Red dead redemption 2 or Gta V?

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
They're both sandbox games but honestly not a fair comparison, at least setting wise and maybe extending to gameplay types. Plus GTA V is pretty old at this point and it's gonna be weird comparing them, even if they have the same devs.

GTA V is more urban and while difficult to describe...is kind of less narrative than RDR2 is, even to the point it can't even take it's social commentary seriously inserting a "haha you should laugh now" joke.

Rodriguez3

New User
Mar 16, 2019
YouTube
When it comes to actual story-driven gameplay, the random encounters and side missions in GTA V are equally as fun as RDR2’s Stranger missions and side quests. Leisure activities, on the other hand, are much different in the two Rockstar titles. While tennis and darts may be interesting, they don’t hold a candle to the wealth of mini-games laced throughout Red Dead Redemption 2. Fishing, hunting, poker, train robbing, and duels are simply a taste of all the extra things you can do in RDR2. However, i prefer GTA. It's because i can find the mobile version of this game on mobidescargar. It means i can play it whenever i wan.

KnightHunter Studios

Creating films since 2011
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2014
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
They are both amazing games, but I think it's not particularly fair to judge which is the 'better' one of the two given how completely different they are; both in terms of the genre of game it is, and, of course, when these games were made. It's easy to turn around and say Red Dead 2 is better due to the graphics, animations, overall mechanics of the game, etc., and this may be so, but we've got the remember that the technology has improved vastly since GTA V came out.
GTA V was revolutionary back in 2013. It was trying things that open-world games simply didn't, or couldn't, experiment with at the time. Plus it's number of sales made it an economic powerhouse.
Personally, I'm more of a Grand Theft Auto fan than I am of the Red Dead series, but that's not to say I don't like Red Dead; I bloody love it. Red Dead 2 is the single greatest story/campaign game I have ever played, and I will never forget completing it and feeling a huge mix of emotions. I got the same feeling with GTA V, but for some reason I felt more attached to Arthur than I did to any of the GTA V main characters.
It's a tough one, and it's mainly down to personal preference. I just cannot wait for GTA 6.