1. We use cookies! By continuing, you're agreeing to our cookie policy. Learn More.
  2. Guest, welcome to the Freedom! Forums! Please do not post any links until you have a post count of at least 5 messages otherwise your post will simply be rejected to prevent spam. Some other key words may also trigger this system, if you have issues writing a post please contact an administrator. This also affects signatures and the "About You" page in your profile.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No green screen? No problem!

Freedom! Partners get free access to TriDef SmartCam. Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Guest, remember to read the rules before posting! :)
  5. Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!
  6. Hey Guest - Want to know what our Social media pages are? Great! see: Here :)
    Dismiss Notice

YouTube Questions

Discussion in 'YouTube' started by Honest Biggums, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Honest Biggums

Honest Biggums Registered User

Can anyone tell me the best possible way to avoid copyright claims without using any of the music thats here on Freedom? Not saying I wont use it, but there are songs I'd like to use for the videos I make, but I dont want to get hit with copyright claims and Freedom doesnt exactly have every song I could ever need.

2. zeke morgan

zeke morgan Moderator Moderator Community Team! Freedom! Partner

Well without using any of the music offered by the network, you could always looking at things like NoCopyrightSound, who as long as you link their channel and give credit to them in the description you can use their music. Or just look up free to use music / non copyright music as I'm sure this will pull up a whole bunch. The only option you have if neither of those take you fancy is contacting the publishers / creators of the music you wish to use and get their permission to use it first - but then you might not be able to monetise your videos / have the monetisation claimed by them as it is still their music being played

3. ThxAqua

ThxAqua Registered User

There are dedicated channels for music that isn't copyrighted :)

There are some I can think of right now is NoCopyrightSounds and FlyingTunes but remember to read their video description!
    You have to most likely give the link to the music you used in ur video in ur description.

edit: Youtube themselves have a channel of sorts that lists non-copyright music HERE

4. davidgojsogvjso

davidgojsogvjso Registered User

Hello ppl
    will freedom accept my channel that is full of animations?

5. zeke morgan

Freedom accepts all types of channels, as long as you have no copyright / community strikes and your content complies with YouTubes terms of service :)

6. davidgojsogvjso

davidgojsogvjso Registered User

but ppl told me that if i have animations on my channel no network will accept me

7. zeke morgan

Well you could always apply and see what happens, unfortunately I'm not one that reviews channels to be accepted to the Freedom community so I can't give your a 100% definitive answer, sorry

8. gunsage

gunsage Rising Partner Freedom! Partner

The best thing to do is to NOT use mainstream music. In fact, I would say maybe scour sites that have free music that you're allowed to use for your videos. One good option that I think is still around is the Newgrounds Music Portal. If you find a clip you really, REALLY like and would like to use it, say, for your intro/outro, you could always contact the person who made it on there to discuss details.