PSN Price Change

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hello everyone

Just thought I would create this in order to give those of us who are PlayStation users, a little heads up. As some of you may have already seen, emails have been sent out in the last day of so informing current PSN users of the increase, which is effecting European gamers.

The email, which I have included below outlines the following : -

From 00:01 BST on 31 August 2017 we are changing the prices of PlayStation®Plus.

- Annually, the price will change from £39.99 to £49.99 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from £14.99 to £19.99 per quarter.
- Monthly, the price will change from £5.99 to £6.99 per month.

What this means for you
We will alter the price of a PlayStation®Plus membership at 00:01 BST on 31 August 2017. As you are an existing member, this means that all recurring subscription fees payable by you on or after 31 August 2017 will be charged at the new price. Up until 31 August 2017, you may purchase a PlayStation®Plus subscription at the current price, which will then be added (or “stacked on”) to your current membership period.

So far there has been no official announcement why this price increase has happened though they did release the following "‘We are changing the pricing to reflect various market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members’, which I believe is the closest thing to an explanation we will get.

With that being said, and where the opinion tag of this thread comes in, is I want to know your opinions on this price increase - do you think enough warning has been given by Sony, do you think this price increase is worth it, does this effect your decision to continue with PS?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-07-28 at 18.22.27.png
    Screenshot 2017-07-28 at 18.22.27.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 2

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hello everyone

Just thought I would create this in order to give those of us who are PlayStation users, a little heads up. As some of you may have already seen, emails have been sent out in the last day of so informing current PSN users of the increase, which is effecting European gamers.

The email, which I have included below outlines the following : -

From 00:01 BST on 31 August 2017 we are changing the prices of PlayStation®Plus.

- Annually, the price will change from £39.99 to £49.99 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from £14.99 to £19.99 per quarter.
- Monthly, the price will change from £5.99 to £6.99 per month.

What this means for you
We will alter the price of a PlayStation®Plus membership at 00:01 BST on 31 August 2017. As you are an existing member, this means that all recurring subscription fees payable by you on or after 31 August 2017 will be charged at the new price. Up until 31 August 2017, you may purchase a PlayStation®Plus subscription at the current price, which will then be added (or “stacked on”) to your current membership period.

So far there has been no official announcement why this price increase has happened though they did release the following "‘We are changing the pricing to reflect various market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members’, which I believe is the closest thing to an explanation we will get.

With that being said, and where the opinion tag of this thread comes in, is I want to know your opinions on this price increase - do you think enough warning has been given by Sony, do you think this price increase is worth it, does this effect your decision to continue with PS?
Recieved the email and rumour goes they want to include PsNow with it as Xbox has backwards compatibility without charge.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Oh that would be pretty nice, if they included PS Now with it as well. Definitely wouldn't mind that at all