Photography Instant or Digital

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
Hey everyone I am starting this thread to get some views on the topic about Instant or Digital photography.

I have developed a new hobby in photography, I always liked taking pictures with my phone and so to say "Capture the moment".

However after doing some research on cameras I fell in love with the old school Instant cameras like:
  • Polaroid Spectra
  • Imposible 600 serie
Those old school instant cameras have a special look to it. The cameras itself is not sooo expencive, however you must constantly buy film for them, (8 photos pr film pack) and cost around $22 pr film pack.

I could always get a normal digital camera like normal people probally would do, but I like the feeling that the picture is printed in the moment it is shot.

What do you guys think on the topic?
Digital or Instant and why? :)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I'm on the fence about this. Instant camera's may be easier to use, cost effective and allow you to do more than 'traditional old school' camera's however you don't get that authentic touch to photography as you would do. I personally would go digital as at least then you can save edit and change things to the photo and have a backup (in the case of saving it to SD cards etc) if things go wrong

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
I'm on the fence about this. Instant camera's may be easier to use, cost effective and allow you to do more than 'traditional old school' camera's however you don't get that authentic touch to photography as you would do. I personally would go digital as at least then you can save edit and change things to the photo and have a backup (in the case of saving it to SD cards etc) if things go wrong
Exatly why I love Instant cameras :p
The photo will be 100% natual and true :) since no image manipulation is done :p

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I personally would love to get myself a polaroid like this one, but its a bit pricey for me, While I feel digital is better for getting the shot you want, I love the randomness that polaroid & trainload methods make. I did a short photography elective and use a film based camera, lets just say it brough back memories :)

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
I personally would love to get myself a polaroid like this one, but its a bit pricey for me, While I feel digital is better for getting the shot you want, I love the randomness that polaroid & trainload methods make. I did a short photography elective and use a film based camera, lets just say it brough back memories :)
Well I also thought of getting a Instax camera. However I love the original old school design of the Imposible Spectra or Polariod 600s.
Ofcourse they cost more, and also cost more over time due to the film, but they really have a original look to it, which I like :)
I thought of maybe buy a Polaroid Autofocus 660, since I can buy it relatively cheap and in a store I will be visiting around tomorrow :p

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Well I also thought of getting a Instax camera. However I love the original old school design of the Imposible Spectra or Polariod 600s.
Ofcourse they cost more, and also cost more over time due to the film, but they really have a original look to it, which I like :)
I thought of maybe buy a Polaroid Autofocus 660, since I can buy it relatively cheap and in a store I will be visiting around tomorrow :p

Yea, I like that style of camera too, Life is Strange per chance :). I hope to get one sometime in the future.​

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
I LOVE the look of those older film style cameras but to me, its just not worth it to spend that much on film. I'd rather just grab an SD card and go to town. Lol.