Complaints [PETITION] Keep the Forum chat

Do you want to keep the Forum chat? (Petition)

• Yes

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Right, let's word this in a way which is understandable for both us and the community.

I did not join, or continue to work in order to impede any progress that we are pushing. My main goal was to make the forums, and the community better. That being said, moving to Discord isn't the problem I have here, it is how it is monitored and moderated at the moment which pulls me away from wanting to help.

In many instances, people are being permanently banned and removed for such silly comments which cause no harm, of which if placed in our chat, would be taken with more leniency. This indicates the rules they are bound by are too strict.

I do, however, want to focus your attention on the time I made that comment. That was made before anyone in the team had mentioned the true meaning of what it meant, which in this case, caused me to feel cheated due to the idea of removing what started my time as a moderator in this team. - Now, if someone had mentioned it to me and we had a general discussion about this (from what I remember, I do not recall one), I would be a little more lenient and less spiteful with my decision.

Nevertheless, if I was to reconsider and help the Discord, the following things would be my recommendations.
  • Be more lenient (Consider what is actually harmful, silly comments can be left alone)
  • Renew the rules, they are old, outdated and need to be changed!
  • Give the right to appeal the ban, because some of the reasons are outrageous!
  • Reconsider your role, stop acting cocky (some of you moderators on there..)
I think that should rest that.
I have felt welcomed on the forums, but I cannot say the same for the Discord.
I think it might be time for some change on the Discord..

I am really glad you feel this way about the discord. The rules are ridiculous. The part that makes it worse is that there aren't really any set rules because you'll still get banned for things that aren't even mentioned in the rules such as criticism. The moderators really do seem to think that they have power over everyone else in the discord because they can have them muted. This also applies to many different parts of the network but that doesn't really matter here. I had a friend because his game status was set to "women" so it would say "Playing Women" which is in no way inappropriate but apparently worth a ban.

I agree. If these are indeed true (i have not had the time to personally check on these) the cases may warrant a second glance. Currently I'm looking for a "Can Do" attitude. Helpers, people who can contribute. if that's you and you feel strongly about this please consider making Discord a better place ;)