Passive Advertising.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Now, we are all too familiar with people who comment, whether in our videos or those of a creator that we watch, something along the lines of "Come visit my channel". This annoys the living [insert bad word here] out of me. However, after noticing some trends and correlation within my time on YouTube, I've figured out a way that you can still be found within the community of other YouTubers without attracting the negative attention that is associated with spamming other creators.

Get ready for this, it is a revolution, I call it... Commenting.
Stick with me here, commenting as a creator does nothing but generate hate. Commenting as part of the community without being a creator can generate a positive image around your name while still getting the odd viewer who comes to your channel and views your channel. Why is this important to tell people?
Well, recently, Unbox Therapy reached their milestone of 5,000,000 subscribers. Something no member of the Freedom! family has accomplished as of yet, and when I commented "Jack reveal for 5Million" (in all caps for attention purposes) it got 1839 +1's, and I noticed a, noticeable, increase in views over the time that it was still gaining +1's.

So - TL;DR

Engaging as part of the community while NEVER mentioning that you're a creator nets a net positive amount of support for your image and as a whole, your channel. Always comment on the videos that you enjoy with something relevant or constructive to the video, and you'll see a bonus in your viewership over time.
YouTube is a social platform and whether or not you're a creator, you still have a duty to promote the social aspect of it, and it will have its bonuses to boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nordic Chronicles

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
No doubt. I've been commenting for years. Many of my present day viewers have found me in the comments sections of popular channels because I just left normal comments.