Not sure I'm gonna make it!

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
So since joining in mid November I was shooting for a increase in subscribers. I wanted to hit 50 by then end of this month. Not sure I'm gonna make it. But in looking at what I have now from what I had in November, I'd say I'm satisfied. At eh beginning of November I had 7 whole subscribers. As of right now I have 34. You know what that doesn't seem like that big of a deal. But do the math and it is to me. I have been creating on youtube since March 2015. It took from March to November, 8 months to get to 7 subs. In just the time I have been with Freedom, 3 months, my subs have made it up to 34. It doesn't look like much but that's a 385% increase.

Some say Freedom doesn't do much to help here. I've read numerous post saying they aren't getting any help being part of our community. I would say to those people, "You're not accepting the help you've been given. You don't just blow up by being part of a certain group. Being a member here means reading, learning, & "putting in work." There's alot of free info here. Find out what works and what doesn't and work your channel accordingly. It's your channel and no one's just gonna "Hand you" X amount of subscribers just for joining us here.

I'll admit when I saw that I may not make my 50 sub goal by the end of February, I was a little frustrated. But you know what? 385%. That's a good number to see instead. My views are okay and as long as I keep researching and "putting in work", I'm sure I'll see that 50 subs soon. Thank you Freedom!!!

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Awsomus1

Rising User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
So since joining in mid November I was shooting for a increase in subscribers. I wanted to hit 50 by then end of this month. Not sure I'm gonna make it. But in looking at what I have now from what I had in November, I'd say I'm satisfied. At eh beginning of November I had 7 whole subscribers. As of right now I have 34. You know what that doesn't seem like that big of a deal. But do the math and it is to me. I have been creating on youtube since March 2015. It took from March to November, 8 months to get to 7 subs. In just the time I have been with Freedom, 3 months, my subs have made it up to 34. It doesn't look like much but that's a 385% increase.

Some say Freedom doesn't do much to help here. I've read numerous post saying they aren't getting any help being part of our community. I would say to those people, "You're not accepting the help you've been given. You don't just blow up by being part of a certain group. Being a member here means reading, learning, & "putting in work." There's alot of free info here. Find out what works and what doesn't and work your channel accordingly. It's your channel and no one's just gonna "Hand you" X amount of subscribers just for joining us here.

I'll admit when I saw that I may not make my 50 sub goal by the end of February, I was a little frustrated. But you know what? 385%. That's a good number to see instead. My views are okay and as long as I keep researching and "putting in work", I'm sure I'll see that 50 subs soon. Thank you Freedom!!!
Yeah I remember when I started a year and a half ago I was kind of like one of those people. Expecting a ton of subs but you got to put the effort and thinking like that is not going to get you anywhere. I just do YouTube for fun since I started back up. I look at some of these forums saying I'm not getting help growing. Some people just expect to be given subs.

Reactions: ITW Games

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
Yeah I remember when I started a year and a half ago I was kind of like one of those people. Expecting a ton of subs but you got to put the effort and thinking like that is not going to get you anywhere. I just do YouTube for fun since I started back up. I look at some of these forums saying I'm not getting help growing. Some people just expect to be given subs.
Right? And it makes me kinda wonder what the other Networks are doing and how some of them can promise that you're gonna get X amount of new subscribers if you join their network. Like maybe some of them have some kind of sub for sub program going. Which is just stupid in my opinion. Sub for sub does nothing for you but maybe gets you bragging rights. They're empty viewers. They ain't gonna come back. They ain't gonna watch your newest video most likely which means they are not gonna make you any money in the place where it counts most. Views and ad clicks. I've been asked several times if I'd sub for sub. I always tell them, "you know what you like my channel and think you're gonna come back. Go ahead and subscribe. I'll go check your's out and i'll do the same for you. But if its not something I'm gonna come back and watch I'm not gonna add you to my list which is already out of control." LOL. But if someone asks, usually I will go take a look at some of their videos. I'm not doing much else but sitting here playing video games and watching videos anyway. (y) (Y)

Awsomus1

Rising User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
Right? And it makes me kinda wonder what the other Networks are doing and how some of them can promise that you're gonna get X amount of new subscribers if you join their network. Like maybe some of them have some kind of sub for sub program going. Which is just stupid in my opinion. Sub for sub does nothing for you but maybe gets you bragging rights. They're empty viewers. They ain't gonna come back. They ain't gonna watch your newest video most likely which means they are not gonna make you any money in the place where it counts most. Views and ad clicks. I've been asked several times if I'd sub for sub. I always tell them, "you know what you like my channel and think you're gonna come back. Go ahead and subscribe. I'll go check your's out and i'll do the same for you. But if its not something I'm gonna come back and watch I'm not gonna add you to my list which is already out of control." LOL. But if someone asks, usually I will go take a look at some of their videos. I'm not doing much else but sitting here playing video games and watching videos anyway. (y) (Y)
I wish I could just play games and watch videos I got to focus on my Grade 12 year so I can get into University so I can only upload Saturday, but it makes it so I don't overdue the videos and not just do it for views.

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
I wish I could just play games and watch videos I got to focus on my Grade 12 year so I can get into University so I can only upload Saturday, but it makes it so I don't overdue the videos and not just do it for views.

For some that's the way it has to work. But with my situation I'm disabled. So I can't work at the moment. So basically all I have to do with my day is watch and make videos and play games. I hope to get better soon and get a "real job" but until then, this keeps me occupied.

Awsomus1

Rising User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
For some that's the way it has to work. But with my situation I'm disabled. So I can't work at the moment. So basically all I have to do with my day is watch and make videos and play games. I hope to get better soon and get a "real job" but until then, this keeps me occupied.
Well hope you recover soon. I also saw someone with like 900 subs saying they're loosing views, but it's like honestly who cares you're not going to have a constant overload of views. Even bigger channels deal with this.

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
I also saw someone with like 900 subs saying they're loosing views, but it's like honestly who cares you're not going to have a constant overload of views. Even bigger channels deal with this.
Some of us get spoiled by a video that becomes an "instant hit". I had one a while back that pulled like 150 views a day for like 3 days. I was all like "hell yea it's blowin up. Here I go." Got all excited for nothing tho. It subsided. LOL

Awsomus1

Rising User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
Some of us get spoiled by a video that becomes an "instant hit". I had one a while back that pulled like 150 views a day for like 3 days. I was all like "hell yea it's blowin up. Here I go." Got all excited for nothing tho. It subsided. LOL
One question though how do you show your channel in your post? Do you just link it at the end of the comments?

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
One question though how do you show your channel in your post? Do you just link it at the end of the comments?
You mean the part I have below each post? I go to the signature on my profile page and put all that in. Like the par that says check me out on Youtube! I just type that in to the signature box then highlight it and then click the Chainlink Icon at the top of the box. Another box will pop up and I put the web address to my channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkIBy3ELxD28vkjQJqDhV0g in that box. Then it makes the "Come check me out on Youtube!" become a link to my youtube channel. (y) (Y)

Awsomus1

Rising User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
You mean the part I have below each post? I go to the signature on my profile page and put all that in. Like the par that says check me out on Youtube! I just type that in to the signature box then highlight it and then click the Chainlink Icon at the top of the box. Another box will pop up and I put the web address to my channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkIBy3ELxD28vkjQJqDhV0g in that box. Then it makes the "Come check me out on Youtube!" become a link to my youtube channel. (y) (Y)
So this is a test and like your voice it's nice just maybe talk a bit more it'll make it more interesting but so far pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiAnQdruMHD7WcdxiixEWLw

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
So this is a test and like your voice it's nice just maybe talk a bit more it'll make it more interesting but so far pretty good.

Almost got it. You need to highlight the words you want to be the link. And then if you look in your reply box the link button is the 7th one over. It'll pop up a box and thats the spot where you put your link address so it looks like this. Come check me out!!!

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
As for my voice yea I just started really getting into the video making. I havent really "found my personality" yet. Every good Youtuber has a personality or a buzz phrase that draws you in and attracts you to want to come back and watch their videos. Like jacksepticeye with his, "'Smack' top of the mornin to ya laddies" of "This is pewdiepie" with his weird voice and finger wiggley thing. Or Philip Defranco with the "Wassup ya beautiful bastards" and "As always my names Philip Defranco. You've just been filled in and I'll see you tomorrow."

I go and look at some of their earlier work with videos and see that most of them are just like me with their personality and then they just pop and develop this new way of doing things. I'm just still looking for my "Pop!!!"

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
Freedom! gets a bad rating because people think that Freedom is going to do all the work for them when this is not the case. You have to put work into this. It's not easy but Freedom gives you the tools and knowledge to grow and make yourself better.
Congratulations on the growth! I'm sure you'll make it to your goals in no time!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

True story mate, i joined Freedom 2 years ago with i think 70 subs. Now i'm at 275. Growth may be going slow but i am satisfied as how it is and the community offers alot of help :)

Reactions: Koala_Steamed