Solved Not letting me change my youtube custom url?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
why does it say this when i try to change it

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
You are only allowed the change the custom URL up to three times a year and you should do the following steps in order to change this.
  1. Sign in to YouTube and go to your 'About me' page.
  2. Select the account with your YouTube channel in the top-right corner. You may have to click All of your Brand Accounts if your account is not in the list.
  3. Find your current custom URL under 'Sites' and click edit
  4. Next to the URL that you want to remove, click X.
  5. Click OK.
If you're eligible, you can claim a new custom URL immediately after removal, but it may take a couple of days before the previous custom URL stops directing to your channel.

With issues such as these its always best to follow the prompt that your seeing for example in your screenshot you should have clicked 'learn more' to find out more about the issue, as this would outline possible steps to you

Upvote 0

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
You are only allowed the change the custom URL up to three times a year and you should do the following steps in order to change this.
  1. Sign in to YouTube and go to your 'About me' page.
  2. Select the account with your YouTube channel in the top-right corner. You may have to click All of your Brand Accounts if your account is not in the list.
  3. Find your current custom URL under 'Sites' and click edit
  4. Next to the URL that you want to remove, click X.
  5. Click OK.
If you're eligible, you can claim a new custom URL immediately after removal, but it may take a couple of days before the previous custom URL stops directing to your channel.

With issues such as these its always best to follow the prompt that your seeing for example in your screenshot you should have clicked 'learn more' to find out more about the issue, as this would outline possible steps to you

when i click the "learn more" it just takes me back to custom url info page here

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.