New Cpu Recomendations?

MykieDoesStuff

Freedom! Member
Jul 28, 2016
YouTube
Agent_Proxy
I just want to clarify something. While Ryzen have many cores, most games won't utilize all the cores. Meaning you will not get the maximum performance out of the Ryzen CPU. However from the benchmarks, Ryzen did show more smoothness in the games, but Intel still tops out.

Honestly it's up to OP, but I'd stick with that I suggested.

I could elaborate if you guys want, but I don't feel like it atm.

OP if you still want to figure out what CPU you want, I suggest taking it over to LinusTechTips forum. Lot of techie people there like me over there lul

https://linustechtips.com/main/

SmashWave

Feb 26, 2014
YouTube
smashwavez
I just want to clarify something. While Ryzen have many cores, most games won't utilize all the cores. Meaning you will not get the maximum performance out of the Ryzen CPU. However from the benchmarks, Ryzen did show more smoothness in the games, but Intel still tops out.

Honestly it's up to OP, but I'd stick with that I suggested.

I could elaborate if you guys want, but I don't feel like it atm.

OP if you still want to figure out what CPU you want, I suggest taking it over to LinusTechTips forum. Lot of techie people there like me over there lul

https://linustechtips.com/main/
Thanks for your technical input but I have already decided, maybe once we know mire about AMD I'll look into upgrading but for now I'll go with i5

MykieDoesStuff

Freedom! Member
Jul 28, 2016
YouTube
Agent_Proxy
Final thoughts about the cores. While I did mention it won't utilize all the cores, Ryzen may be good if you're going to do lot of rendering and stuff like that. But they will both do just fine. Most game utilizes 4 cores, and Intel like to have about 4 or more and try to get high speed cores there. While Ryzen have lot of cores but the core clock speeds are lower.

Sorry if I've been repeating myself. I mention little bit of this the previous post but I got tired and bit grumpy lol.

You do in fact save $100 or more if i5 - 6600k though.

Now. You COULD wait for the R5 series from AMD, since that will be targeted to gamers. At the moment only the R7 came out. It might be cheaper and better than i5 - 6600k. But again. Find the balance and you'll be fine, but overall similar performance.[DOUBLEPOST=1490312172][/DOUBLEPOST]

Actually I've been learning some new stuff myself with these new CPUs and cores. The amount of cores and power it has isn't that bad really, but almost the same as the i5 - 6600k. Plus I've been thinking, you could actually benefit from the cores for streaming or something in background so that's neat. I'm getting excited for the R5 rn, maybe AMD will be beating Intel i7 flagship overall!

Last edited: