Tips & Tricks New channel, How do I grow

JA Gaming

Respected User
Apr 23, 2017
Denmark, Copenhagen
YouTube
If you are new don't focus on subscribers focus on views! Just keep uploading the subscribers will come eventually and if anybody suggests something and you can do it DO IT, and keep an eye out for what is trending and use the #'s that fit your Video remember to use thumbnails as well if you can't make them I can help you or someone else on here can beat if luck

TheCoolcg10

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 26, 2014
YouTube
I recommend making content specific to you that you like to do. For example, don't play a game just because others play it and get a lot of views, make videos on what ever makes you happy.

Der Sky

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Hey everyone, I recently started a YouTube channel almost a week ago. And I only have one subscriber. I was wondering if there was any tips I could get to help me grow my channel?

Hey @CBlairzz !
First of all, you tell us now that you have this channel a week ?? and you havent already 10000 Subscriber? :eek:
Dont look at your subscribers. You must have fun ... if you do this only for subs / views / "fame" then please stop creating youtube videos and do maybe other things.
Youtube is creativity and the freedom to share what ever you want to share with this world (ok not in all countries but you understand what i mean right? :p ).

You need month to get some subscribers and a year or two to build a community and a "fan base" who watch constantly your videos.

---------------------------------------

My first impression is ...
  • Why do you use everytime the same thumbnail?
  • Why only Livestreams?
  • Why no playlists?
  • Why no facebook link? I mean you put /CBlair... in your Header / Banner, but why no link to it in the Linkbox on the right site?
  • You use 3 times the same Video title????
  • You use the most times the same tags???
  • You have no intro.
  • You have no outro.
  • You have videos longer than 2 Hours???
  • You have only one channel tag
  • Your Channelpage structure contains only 2 rows? Uploads & your videos with the most clicks..
I hope you are not one of these "younger" people who think they do one week youtube without any knowledge and are famous after 5 days (facepalm):confused:
First of all, create videos and NO livestreams. Or create videos and livestreams, but not only livestreams.. Create a concept for ur channel.

Are you member of freedom? or part of Freedom?
You have only ~73 views and your videos are not monetized. You need at least 10.000 Views for joining a network.

You see, you have many things to improve ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1501279624,1501278724][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you are new don't focus on subscribers focus on views! Just keep uploading the subscribers will come eventually and if anybody suggests something and you can do it DO IT, and keep an eye out for what is trending and use the #'s that fit your Video remember to use thumbnails as well if you can't make them I can help you or someone else on here can beat if luck

"If you are new don't focus on subscribers focus on views! Just keep uploading the subscribers will come eventually"
This is wrong. Dont focus on views or subs with ~6 Subscribers and dont just upload videos.
  1. Learn how to use youtube. This means, watch videos about SEO / Tags / the Title / yea the Thumbnail
  2. Learn how to cut and record videos with an awesome video quality and sound quality
  3. Learn how to speak with your audiende (they dont exist at this moment but the point is learning)
  4. Train your skills in photoshop or similar programs for improving your thumbnails.
  5. Learn the same stuff about Twitter and maybe Facebook.
  6. Create your first videos and improve them everytime. Dont make ****** (0815) kiddy intros with free 3D Templates.
  7. Be professional and if you arent professional be professional.
  8. If you get your first subs, try to understand why they subscribed you and produce similar videos.
  9. Look at the trends but dont copy directly other videos or create "fake title or thumbs" (presents an other video content as you have)
  10. If you get your first 50-100 Viewer, try to communicate with your audience. At this point you maybe have your first videos with more then 1 or 2 comments.
  11. Try to start sometimes livestreams and communicate professional with your audience. Dont flame or be a kid.
  12. Now you have a chance to get more subs....
I think its in the most cases a big mistake to start a youtube channel with <15 because the most childrens have no idea about the youtube or social media world (using them yes, but not "leading" them) and also no simple knowledge. I think the problem is the missing of general education in this age and professionalism. I mean it was the same with me in this age.

Reactions: Mandy Erickson

Timmy_Taco

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 7, 2016
YouTube
timmehtaco
try doing collabs. if you are an interesting person, you are more likely to find someone big(for small youtubers, 100+ subs) to collab with. Once you've gotten a decent following, just keep doing what your doing

Mandy Erickson

Rising User
Sep 1, 2017
Indiana
YouTube
Loveb4hate_
My YouTube channel isn't large, and I do it for fun... But you need to learn to edit...and kind of have a flow... Uploading more then 1x a week. (I'm not a good example my videos are usually uploaded on Sunday's)
Have fun like I said... If it's a chore or its just for views and subs.. Stop.