My opinions about equipment/programs for people starting out on YT

ItsZombieDude

Rising User
RECORDING AUDIO:
I've seen many people who want to buy Blue Snowballs/Blue Yetis and ect. when they're starting out their channel. Even I bought a Blue Snowball when I first started, but I think it is not necessary.

I recently bought a Gamescom 788 a few months ago (because I no longer have my Blue Snowball at the moment) and it was on sale for about $45. It does what I need it to do and it sounds good.

The Blue Snowball isn't that expensive but I just recommend cheaper alternatives for starting out. You don't NEED fantastic equipment so early on.

RECORDING VIDEO:

A good program I recommend is Dxtory. It's easy to customize and the files sizes can be cut down by a lot with the Largarith Loseless Codec.

IMAGE EDITING:

Editing images for your thumbnails and ect. is pretty important.
But in my opinion using the free software GIMP does a lot what you need to.
What I mean in that is not by like making logos with it, but like cutting things out, resizing, and putting transparent images over. It's really simple to use in my opinion and I recommend you to try it if you haven't.

PCs:

So, for good performance and video outcome you need a good PC. But it bothers me when people want to buy a "Gaming PC", like one of the prebuilt ones. Typically most of them cost 2x the amount they are worth. But if you are willing to take the time to build one you'll save money. Building a PC isn't rocket science, it's like putting a puzzle together but easier.

So that's all I have to say really, thanks for checking this out.