1. We use cookies! By continuing, you're agreeing to our cookie policy. Learn More.
  2. Collaboration is one of the best ways to grow your audience. Participate in Freedom!'s Collaboration Beta Project now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!
    Dismiss Notice

Tech My laptop just up and died on me.

Discussion in 'General' started by Indurok, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Indurok

Indurok Dragon Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    Yesterday, I was watching a video, and in not even a second, everything went dark, the screen, the lights in the keyboard, my mouse. There is a laptop we want to get, but it's taking forever for my GST money to come in. So I can't play games or make videos. I guess it's good that some series I have on YouTube won't be affected, but still, this is ridiculous. I might still lose some of my other files.

2. Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed Mythic User Retired Administrator Retired Moderator

Forum Posts:
    Wow that sucks :( I keep on meaning to back up all my files but never get around to it... Thanks for the reminder. Hopefully you didn't lose anything too important. What laptop are you planning to get?

3. Indurok

Forum Posts:
    The Let's Plays I don't mind as much, but I would hate having to start the voice acting all over again for Game Dubs Episode 3 (I wish I could add accents to the show title without copy-pasting). The episode was gonna be 56 minutes long. That's a lot of cutscenes.

4. LW001

LW001 Moderator Moderator Wiki Contributor Beta Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    Is there any sounds when starting it? Does the display light up slightly?

Try starting it with the battery and without it to see whether it does anything different? If you need the files off it you can also run out and buy a SATA to USB cable/adapter somewhere (it costs around 3€ here) to connect the hard drive to the new laptop and get the files out.

5. Indurok

Forum Posts:
    No, there is literally nothing. Not even the light that lights up when charging.