LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
Hello all,

So I've never streamed before but I really want to start, I just need a larger audience.
I post all of my videos to YouTube, I've started to use Twitch's uploaded for videos, and I know Freedom has a partnership with Hitbox. Is there a way to stream to all three sites at once so I can reach more of an audience. If it is possible is it even worth it? I have no experience with doing my own streams so I know nothing :p

Thank you!
LtGeneralStore

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hey!

There actually is a way to stream to multiple sites at once, http://restream.io actually does that job well. Though next to the pro that people will find you from multiple sites there's still a few issues:
  • Lag. The site has to send your stream to three sites at a time which is terribly hard to maintain consistently. You will have to expect a ton of frames dropping on all sites and some other issues as well as the streams being delayed differently so one stream could be 3 seconds behind while one is only one second behind
  • Getting people to your other sites. This is the reason most people stream on multiple platforms, but the main catch is that it's mainly impossible to get for example a viewer from Twitch over to your YouTube channel. It just won't happen so when you have constant viewers on for instance Twitch and Hitbox you can't stop multistreaming anymore without losing those fans, and asking them to go to Hitbox altogether is just a thing that won't work so you're bound to multistreaming.
You'll have to think whether it's worth it. I personally wouldn't really recommend it but it's your decision in the end.

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
Hey!

There actually is a way to stream to multiple sites at once, http://restream.io actually does that job well. Though next to the pro that people will find you from multiple sites there's still a few issues:
  • Lag. The site has to send your stream to three sites at a time which is terribly hard to maintain consistently. You will have to expect a ton of frames dropping on all sites and some other issues as well as the streams being delayed differently so one stream could be 3 seconds behind while one is only one second behind
  • Getting people to your other sites. This is the reason most people stream on multiple platforms, but the main catch is that it's mainly impossible to get for example a viewer from Twitch over to your YouTube channel. It just won't happen so when you have constant viewers on for instance Twitch and Hitbox you can't stop multistreaming anymore without losing those fans, and asking them to go to Hitbox altogether is just a thing that won't work so you're bound to multistreaming.
You'll have to think whether it's worth it. I personally wouldn't really recommend it but it's your decision in the end.

Thanks for the advice! Which streaming platform do you suggest? I've heard pros and cons for all three.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Thanks for the advice! Which streaming platform do you suggest? I've heard pros and cons for all three.
  • YouTube - YouTube or YouTube gaming is a pretty good Streaming platform, even now with the addition of Super Chat and its 100% revenue share to Freedom! partners. Its pros are that it's easy to get people to come to your YouTube channel from it (I wonder why :p) and that it's relatively working well and they actually have a nice team always happy to help on their Discord Server [ https://discord.gg/QfFqmGJ ].
  • Hitbox - What a beautiful dead Austrian startup. Even though you can monetize it through Freedom! with the same Subscription service as Twitch nobody is on that site. So it's just a site to link people for them to maybe watch but it's just highly unlikely people will randomly "stumble upon you".
  • Twitch - The Streaming Giant. It's a great site though as a small streamer you have as much chance of getting big or featured there as you have winning the lottery. It's really just featuring large streamers only so I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Beam - Many people haven't heard of Beam though I was a Supporter of them from Day One. They promote Streamers by different categories such as "New Streamers" or "Rising Stars" which promotes smaller Streamers too.
So honestly all sites have pros and cons, I personally recommend YouTube or Beam as they give you higher chances of being featured and all have an audience.

(These are just my views and opinions on them, I'm not saying any site is bad per se.)

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Interesting topic, Is it posible to monetize streams in all those platforms or only in YouTube?
YouTube is pretty much the easiest one to get partnered on, once partnered with Freedom! you can get your content monetized on Hitbox by them as well though Twitch and Beam have their own partnership programs you need to separately apply for.

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
  • YouTube - YouTube or YouTube gaming is a pretty good Streaming platform, even now with the addition of Super Chat and its 100% revenue share to Freedom! partners. Its pros are that it's easy to get people to come to your YouTube channel from it (I wonder why :p) and that it's relatively working well and they actually have a nice team always happy to help on their Discord Server [ https://discord.gg/QfFqmGJ ].
  • Hitbox - What a beautiful dead Austrian startup. Even though you can monetize it through Freedom! with the same Subscription service as Twitch nobody is on that site. So it's just a site to link people for them to maybe watch but it's just highly unlikely people will randomly "stumble upon you".
  • Twitch - The Streaming Giant. It's a great site though as a small streamer you have as much chance of getting big or featured there as you have winning the lottery. It's really just featuring large streamers only so I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Beam - Many people haven't heard of Beam though I was a Supporter of them from Day One. They promote Streamers by different categories such as "New Streamers" or "Rising Stars" which promotes smaller Streamers too.
So honestly all sites have pros and cons, I personally recommend YouTube or Beam as they give you higher chances of being featured and all have an audience.

(These are just my views and opinions on them, I'm not saying any site is bad per se.)

Thanks again, I'll take these into consideration! Where would I post an announcement for a stream in these forums?