Moving Soon Need Advice

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
So not to go into too much detail but I will soon be moving house. Now normally this wouldn't be much of a problem but I have to say I'm worrying more than most, all in all I have about just over a month to find a new place, which isn't that bad. However the main thing I will admit I am worried about is this will be the first time I'm living on my own.

Now for a little context and clarification - I'm not overly worried about that per say. I have had times where it's just me in my house and I'm practically living alone sometimes. But this would be the first time I'm moving on my own, away from friends and family, sure I can still talk to them (got to love technology) and they won't be so far away so I will still be able to visit, but I think I'm just getting overwhelmed a little by the idea of being fully responsible for my own place - and the countless bills and maintenance that's going to involve.

So that got me thinking, whether or not anyone on here has moved recently, or moved into a place of their own before, and whether or not you had some advice for me.

Please be sure to leave any helpful advice, tips or anything you like down below :)

Reactions: LW

Thelazysideoflife

Respected User
Apr 20, 2018
YouTube
I haven't had the opportunity to move out on my own but one thing that I can tell you is that it's perfectly normal to feel overwhelmed. It's a big change and probably it's now sinking all in in your mind but I don't think you should be alarmed with the whole situation

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I haven't had the opportunity to move out on my own but one thing that I can tell you is that it's perfectly normal to feel overwhelmed. It's a big change and probably it's now sinking all in in your mind but I don't think you should be alarmed with the whole situation
Yeah it is all rather a lot to take in, plan and organise. I'm sure things will work out in the end, but it is rather daunting to be honest

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I moved out on my own a year and 3 months ago. Honestly it was a pretty easy transition for me but I did have a lot of help moving out and getting important stuff set up at the same time. Without that help from my family I might have been seriously lost as to what I needed to do.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I moved out on my own a year and 3 months ago. Honestly it was a pretty easy transition for me but I did have a lot of help moving out and getting important stuff set up at the same time. Without that help from my family I might have been seriously lost as to what I needed to do.
I do see how people call the process rather stressing. On the plus side I've got a couple of viewings booked for the coming week so it does seem like things are going in the right direction.

Reactions: Kratos Aurion