YouTube Monetization box in the Creator Studio says I'm eligible.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I only have 966 subscribers. I don't know why it says I'm eligible to monetize my videos, which I'm not. I'm still only 34 subs away. Should I just stay away from the monetization thing until I reach the full 1000? Or do you think YouTube is giving a break to those who are at least close to 1000? Or do you think they just forgot to make it ineligible and I just didn't notice this whole time?

Thelazysideoflife

Respected User
Apr 20, 2018
YouTube
I think the thing is: you can apply whenever you want (be it that you have 1 subscriber or 100,000) and they say you are eligible if you have no strikes or broke any rules regarding YouTube policy but your videos will only start to be monetized if you have a minimum of 1000 subscribes and 4000 hours of watch time

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I think the thing is: you can apply whenever you want (be it that you have 1 subscriber or 100,000) and they say you are eligible if you have no strikes or broke any rules regarding YouTube policy but your videos will only start to be monetized if you have a minimum of 1000 subscribes and 4000 hours of watch time
Actually, after consulting the YouTube Help Forum, someone said that I can indeed apply whenever I want, as you said. The monetization page says that once I reach the threshold, my channel will be automatically reviewed. Then within a month or so, a decision will be made.

Thelazysideoflife

Respected User
Apr 20, 2018
YouTube
Actually, after consulting the YouTube Help Forum, someone said that I can indeed apply whenever I want, as you said. The monetization page says that once I reach the threshold, my channel will be automatically reviewed. Then within a month or so, a decision will be made.
Yup! Exactly!