Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
The last week held one of the best conventions of the year, granting the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017, also known as E3. (For you wondering, it is called E3 since there are 3 E words.. Just so ya know..) This gave birth to major titles launching their reveals to a large population of gamers, including an even larger group of females compared to the previous years of this convention. (This goes to show, it is not only male users in the gaming industry.)

Today, I am going to go through all of the releases from Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Bethesda, EA and the PC Gaming Show, and maybe some additions that cannot be categorized. These will be separated into different threads to prevent a large, tl;dr moment. Please be warned, this may contain possible spoilers and scenes of gore, or an aggressive nature that some people might find disturbing. We have warned you, and if you are fine with that, let's continue!

First up, we have the king of the gaming industry for the younger generations, Nintendo. This year, they sold themselves out with new releases with their most recent console, the Nintendo Switch, which was said to be receiving a long lived classical series, Metroid Prime to its name. Nothing much was said about the in-development game Metroid Prime 4, as they stopped short of confirming any release date, developer or any other details regarding its play, nevertheless, MP4 was not the only Metroid game returning, however this wasn't for the Nintendo Switch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Metroid: Samus Returns was the second game to be released in Nintendo's slot, which was announced to be returning to the 3DS. This game however, did have a trailer to its name, which initiated the hype train for Metroid. Based upon the capacity of the 3DS, the quality is fit for the purpose, however for those who play mainly on PC or console, you may definitely find an extreme downgrade in smoothness and visual pleasure, but that doesn't stop many rushing for the shops when it releases on September 15th. You can find the official trailer shown at E3 here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Everyone expected Pokemon to appear out of nowhere, and with the quest to 'catch them all', you know that the Pokemon developers are going to continue to milk the very last inch of their series. However, given that Pokemon was no surprise, the announcement of it coming to the Nintendo Switch did cause a surprise, the only problem is.. when? Unfortunately, this game does not have an ETA, so I guess it is back to the closet until we hear more news. (Just me? Oh..)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now it is time to get into the most hyped game of the Nintendo timeslot, Super Mario Odyssey. Remember those times where you are looking for those wonderful shines (or stars) in a battle to beat Bowser? Well, it's kinda similar, but also not. It is time to change things up, for real this time though.. After looking at both the trailer and the presentation, you get to visit many different locations that you wouldn't expect in a traditional Mario game, including cities, allowing you to climb to the top of skyscrapers, as well as visiting deserts, jungles and the land of your imagination, all in your small little ship. However, I am not going to go through everything in the game, that's for you to do when you buy it when it releases for the Nintendo Switch on the 27th of October. You can watch the presentation of the game here, and the official trailer here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are nearing the end of the Nintendo presentation, leaving only two more games to go. This time however, it isn't a new game releasing, but the announcement of two DLCs (Downloadable Content) towards the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series. On the 30th of June, you will be able to attempt the 'Master Trials', adding a Hard Mode to the game, with new armor and masks, sounds cool, however this tests the player against tougher enemies in the return of a permanent upgrade to the Master Sword. This wasn't all, as Nintendo also announced 'The Champions' Ballad', however this didn't have as much detail than the first, but we do know that the Expansion Pass will cover both of these. The Expansion Pass can be found in the official trailer released at E3 here.

Nintendo had a very strong E3 this year, and to end it all, they announced something which I thought wouldn't work as well as some might think, however this game is my favourite, so I will always back it. Rocket League, the 'soccar' type game where football is merged with flying, boostable cars has been built for the Nintendo Switch, which will also include cross platform to probably PC, as Sony previously denied the choice to cross with Microsoft. Xbox on the other hand, might accept this deal, time will have to tell. There isn't much that you can say except What a Goal!, What a Goal!, What a Goal! (Just watch it..)

Next up: Sony.