YouTube Microphone Recommendations

Smart Facts UK

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2017
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I have tried to record my narration on a standard Skype headset I use for work. This quite honestly sounds horrible played back.

With my earnings from youtube which currently stand at $9.38 (so i appreciate this will need to grow some) I plan to buy a good recording microphone.

Up until April this year I had absolutely no knowledge of the YT platform and know nothing about the hardware required. So can anyone recommend a good value microphone?

Side note :
The help I have received on Freedom thus far has been amazing! and now I have some premium software thanks to last months competition which I thank you all for!

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
I have a blue yeti and I am very satisfied hell even better after it broke down after 2 years I got a brand new one for free because it was within the quality warrant

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
To be the odd one out here, I would suggest a Samson Meteor microphone.

It runs for about almost $70 (the price on Amazon is $67.99) or so, but the somewhat high price makes it worth, especially because of the solid build and quality of the microphone. It's made out of solid steel and has superb build quality and is a large 25mm diaphragm condenser mic. The audio quality is also pretty great, at 16-bit 44.1/48kHz resolution with a support of frequency for 20Hz-20kHz.

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Respected User
Freedom! Member
This is a good topic to talk about, because there are many microphones to choose from, you can pick a headset that has a mic attached, and thats good for some gamers, or you can get a Mic on its own that sits on the desk of your workstation.

For example I be choosing two mics, this is not a compassion but these are mics that i brought in the past and one i still use now.
Tritton Pro+ (PS4/PC/PS3/XBOX360)
This headset if good for all gamers out there, you can not only use it for your PC but can use it for your Home consoles, you can use it for Xbox One but you need to buy a additional adaptor. Ive used this in the past and its a good mic, but I hate headset that have a Mic because I prefer having the mic in the corner of my set up on my desk, rather then have it close to my mouth all the time.

Blue Yeti USB
This mic I got last year and it was the best £99 I could ask for, I switched from Console gaming to PC gaming so a New mic was in order, I could've used my headset mic for PC gaming, but I had my reasons why I wanted to switch. The Blue yeti is a brilliant microphone, the sound is crystal clear, I can four settings to choose from and I can adjust the bass at the back, plus the range is out of this world, I placed this mic at the end of my living room, I spoke normally at the other end and when Listening back to the recording, i heard myself clear, which is something a headset mic couldn't do. You can go one step further with this mic and get the Pro edition which is a USB Condenser Microphone, which with this model is ideal for people who do Voice acting, singing, or Podcast. I wouldn't recommend buying this for gaming... save your money because you wont need this one stick to the normal one.