Official May 2016 Monthly Contest - $100 in Prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
UPDATE
Thank you for the submissions! We will look through all the entries submitted from the creation of this thread to to the 25th of May. Entries are now closed!
--
Last month's contest was the first in this series of monthly contests hosted by the Freedom! forums and it was a success! Here are the winners of April's Monthly Contest:

Last Month's Winners
First place: @DecrepitSundew3 - Winner of $50 cash
Second place: @ThatNerdWithTheHair - Winner of $50 in games
Untitled.jpg youtube 09.jpg
Great reactions guys!

The prizes will be sent out to you two soon!

Details May's Contest

Scroll down for TL;DR

Firstly, we forgot to address that these contests will be exclusive to Freedom! partners (and partners of networks powered by Freedom!). As a result, all of last month's entries were considered valid because we didn't address this! Participants in May's contest (and the months that follow) are required to possess a partner badge to have their submissions considered valid.

Click here to learn more about the partner badge

May's contest is similar to April's in a way. However, instead of games this month we would like to focus on YouTube channels. Specifically, channel trailers.

We are looking for good channel trailers and critiquing them based on originality, humour, effectiveness, as a sales tool, power of emotion, and how well it represents your channel. Partners are eligible for a total of two entries, the first one being the channel trailer itself (linked), the second one is a screenshot of the channel trailer (it should sum up your channel as a whole.)

TL;DR

Here is the criteria:
  • All participants need to have a partner badge!
    • Click here to learn more about the partner badge
  • 1st entry
    • Post a link to your channel trailer
    • Will be judged based on originality, humour, effectiveness, as a sales tool, power of emotion, and how well it represents your channel
  • 2nd entry
    • A screenshot of your channel trailer
    • Should sum up your channel in one image
    • Judged on similar guidelines to the ones in the first entry
    • Examples
    • 1a7384a2fd0bc2abae73bbda242ec4fd.png ca164609023a56ed9e11f25d6fb3ecd0.png d43e30a077a17bdf26de41387a651fa7.png
    • Members with less than five messages (post count) cannot post links, so participants must have a minimum of five messages as a requirement.
  • Please submit only one post to this thread
    • Although reactions in additional posts are welcome, we ask of you to keep your entries in one post for simple organization
Prizes

The channel trailer winner will win $50 in cash while the winner of the screenshot will win $50 in games.

--

All submissions should be posted via a response to this thread, it goes without saying that they must also comply with the Forum Rules.

Click here to view the Forum Rules!

The deadline for submissions is the 25th of this month, winners will be announced around the 5th of June. The more participants, the more fun it'll be so spread the word!

We look forward to your submissions, good luck Freedom! Community!

Last edited:

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
Congrats to the lucky winners of the previous month!

I'll be joining this month's contest! Lucky for me, I recently made a new channel trailer. So, hooray! :D

As for the screenshot below, it kinda sums the fact that I make game videos and use suggestions from my audience in certain series.

Good luck everyone! :D

KaiserHertzen

New User
Jul 27, 2014
YouTube
I honestly tried....things went from good to bad...real quick....It may not be Appropriate or even follow the guidlines but i sure laughed at making this...Maybe you will too?

Channel Trailer:

About me: I am weird, Nerdy and probably crazy, my channel does it all!....or i think...

chantrails.JPG 2016-051-05.JPG

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
I honestly tried....things went from good to bad...real quick....It may not be Appropriate or even follow the guidlines but i sure laughed at making this...Maybe you will too?

Channel Trailer:

About me: I am weird, Nerdy and probably crazy, my channel does it all!....or i think...

View attachment 15229 View attachment 15230
Though I know this is yours please set screenshots so we can see the page surrounding and the time code like in the examples above just to keep things uniform :)

Mr Price

We Have Wookies.
Freedom! Member
Dec 18, 2014
YouTube
Well, why not :p My entry:

(planetside players know what it is) One of the greatest battle places.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Woah, awesome! Thanks for 2nd place! : D
WOW! Was not expecting 1st place! Thank you to all of the Forum Team, the Staff and the entire Freedom! Family! Congrats to the other winner as well! Here is hoping for many more winners in this amazing Family!
Thank you for participating guys! Your prize details have been sent to you via your forum inboxes. :)

Reactions: ThatNerdWithTheHair

Astinax

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2014
YouTube
astinax98
Thank you guys for organising this ! Congratulations to last month's winners as well :)

Here is my channel trailer:

And a screenshot

Good luck to everyone participating :)

Reactions: Koala_Steamed
Status
Not open for further replies.