Many Followers, Few Views on twitch

potatosmash5

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 1, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
Can anyone explain what it means if you are gaining a lot of followers but few views.
Some of my followers invites me to play with them whenever I went online but
Does it mean that I do not have a good quality content in my livestream?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
It could mean a lot of things, having people follow you but not watching your videos isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm sure you have lovely content on your livestreams it could just be your followers way of showing appreciation to your content - which they feel is a nice gesture - but they are not watching your content at the present minute for whatever reason

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
A lot of the time people may follow someone they like but they don't have the time to watch. I know a lot of the channels I'm subscribed to I don't have the time to watch every video. Even really big channel/livestreamers who have a lot of followers still only have a small proportion that watch. Just keep on growing your views and followers and I'm sure it will go up :)

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Like everyone has stated above it could be a number of different reasons at this point. At the end of the day if your getting followers then you must be doing somthing right. Maybe its that fact that your twitch account is small And there are very view people who find you and when they do happen to stumble upon you they like what they see and follow you (one way of explaining a high follower to low view ratio). I mean what are your numbers, Views to followers? If anything this could be a good thing and eventually you will grow. However if your follower count is higher then somthing aint right lol if you had a low follower count compared to your views then yes i would be concerned more.

CoZmic Hazard

Freedom! Member
Sep 21, 2016
Alabama, USA
YouTube
ItsHazardYT
Like eveeyone above, it could be for many reasons. In the end of tutor gaining followers its s good thing. Remember that. Also, what's your twitch channel name? I'll be glad to follow you and if I can pop into the stream when your live and we could chat for a bit.

NotapenguinGFX

New User
Jan 22, 2017
In my experience a good follower to viewer ratio is 1 follower to 10 views. Depending on your stats it might mean many things, such as you could be entertaining at first but bland after a while or the viewers might be unavailable when you stream . I recommend trying new things and tinkering with your stream until you reach optimal results. Announcing when you stream on social media helps a lot as well.

potatosmash5

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 1, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
In my experience a good follower to viewer ratio is 1 follower to 10 views. Depending on your stats it might mean many things, such as you could be entertaining at first but bland after a while or the viewers might be unavailable when you stream . I recommend trying new things and tinkering with your stream until you reach optimal results. Announcing when you stream on social media helps a lot as well.

Maybe some are unavailable or could it be me
Thank you

Last edited: