Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Story about my friends live stream:

Someone personated my friends dad on his live stream like a week and a half ago or so. He has no idea how the person got his dad's name, because he doesn't talk about him on social media and his dad isn't on social media because he passed away years ago. His friend that is in the police department was able to track the guy down and went to his house in Orem with my friend and confronted him for doing it. He got an apology letter from him saying he won't do it again. If he does my friend is taking him to court.​

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
The internet is an interesting place to say the least... On one page you can be as anonymous as you want and on the other end people are as discoverable as never before. It's very easy to find someone's family's names nowadays which is a terrible thing if used incorrectly. Your friend did handle this very well, having a lost family member "reappear" in your stream doesn't sound like a situation I'd want to be in... Glad to see that he managed to find the guy and show him his limits a little though. I don't want to think of how many people he might have done that one to before though...

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
The internet is an interesting place to say the least... On one page you can be as anonymous as you want and on the other end people are as discoverable as never before. It's very easy to find someone's family's names nowadays which is a terrible thing if used incorrectly. Your friend did handle this very well, having a lost family member "reappear" in your stream doesn't sound like a situation I'd want to be in... Glad to see that he managed to find the guy and show him his limits a little though. I don't want to think of how many people he might have done that one to before though...
Yeah. The internet can be a scary place. People can get your info easier now days if they know how to. I've seen strangers making Facebook profiles of some of my friends on Facebook and trying to act as them and adding their friends on the new profile saying that he/she created a more private account for just best friends. Once they have enough people added that are his real friends on the fake profile, they can ruin their reputation which is sad.