LAPTOP FOR EDITING??

YourJustRP

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 13, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
Hi,

I currently do my editing on a crappy old laptop. i use adobe after effects, Sony Vegas and cinema 4D but my laptop is starting to struggle and the intro i have now took 2 days to render. is there any laptops out there that are good for editing?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Laptops intended for creators work best. Assuming you're not also using this as the system that you record with (assuming PC).

Get a Macbook Pro, a used one from 2012, or newer if you can stomach the cost. As much as I don't really like them as a brand, they have top notch QC and are essentially designed for creators. Large storage, efficient processing and UI, iMovie to start, although you shouldn't stick with it.

Benjamin McDermott

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 31, 2016
YouTube
benmcdermott4
Hi,

I currently do my editing on a crappy old laptop. i use adobe after effects, Sony Vegas and cinema 4D but my laptop is starting to struggle and the intro i have now took 2 days to render. is there any laptops out there that are good for editing?
If You Prefer the Macintosh Platform, get a MacBook Pro, other wise I can say a HP ZBook (I use a 15 G3, and can say it doesn't work to bad, just run more than 8GB of RAM.)

Blucky

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2015
Australia
YouTube
BluckyTV
I Just recently got a Dell XPS 15 9560! And I used to use my desktop for EVERYTHING! But since I got this I've editing and rendered my past 5 videos with use of After Effects and Premiere and it is a beast! Plus it has a 4k screen with true Adobe RGB Colour. Can't go wrong :D

pinaypencilart

Respected User
Freedom! Member
If the laptop has a powerful processor and the best graphics you can afford, it'll do fine. All my editing is done on a laptop. It's a few years old now, but it has an i7 processor and GTX 780m graphics. More than enough to handle the videos I post. As another data point, my videos are also done with Premiere Pro.