DraycosDragon

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I used to run a speed build tournament on the XBox360 version on Minecraft (like the one shown below) and I've recently been thinking that I MIGHT bring it back but to the PC version of Minecraft instead. I'm just not sure if it'll be worth bringing back after so long. So because of this, I have also included a poll to this Forums post to see what you all would think about it. So basically I'm leaving it all up to you (whoever is all reading this currently)

NOTE: I've included how the tournament runs to give you an idea on how much planning I had done to get all of this settled for the tournament (it's the same way I used to run it). I figured some people would like to read more about the tournament ideas before deciding if they are interested or not (info underneath the picture)

HOW THE GAME WAS RUN
BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS
  1. 1 of the players (chosen at random) stand across the building arena
  2. The chosen player facing to the opposite side of the arena and shoots the 1st board... then the 2nd board... and finally the 2rd board
  3. I (the host) goes to the first board and I break the block to reveal what the time limit would be
  4. Then I go to do the same to the 3rd board to reveal what the twist would be (if there is one behind that block)
  5. And finally I go to the 2nd board and break the shot block to reveal what the topic/subject would be (I reveal this one last to leave a little suspense and mystery to the tournament)

DURING THE TOURNAMENT
  1. I type the word BEGIN but don't hit ENTER yet... to give me time to set up the timer
  2. As soon as I hit ENTER and the word BEGIN appears in the chat, I start the timer and the tournament players start to build literally anything relating to the topic/subject
  3. IF THERE'S ANY TWISTS: Some twists will say stuff like "host interferes" or "break # of block" or "host helps ___ team" or "the ___ team gets partner". If its one including the host (myself), then if I'm to interfere, I might break a could of blocks or spawn mobs randomly just as a challenge. If its one giving the builders a partner, I will look on Discord for someone (at random) who can join as their partner. If it's one where the builders do something to their own builds, then they do it when I mention something like TWIST or BREAK3 or FIRE or whatever word will remind the builders what they have to do. (there's many twists that I could mention but I'm sure you get the general idea)
  4. Every 5-10 minutes I'll inform the builders how many minutes there is remaining
  5. The builders can fly around, build under/over the build arena, use any blocks or resources they need... anything they need to EXCEPT they can NOT build beyond the line that divides the opponents. Otherwise I will remove ANY blocks built from 1 side onto the other side (which could MAJORLY ruin someone's build)
AFTER THE TOURNAMENT ENDS
  1. As soon as I post STOP in the chat, EVERYONE must stop building. Anything seen placed after that point will be removed (including any mobs and resources added)
  2. I will pick someone random to explain their build as best as they can. Then I would do the same with the other person.
  3. Then I would take a screenshot of the builds and I'll post on Facebook and Twitter to see which build gets the most votes (their names will remain a secret for some who havent seen yet)
  4. In the next video I will include the winner's name onto the TOURNAMENT board in the next spot to show they're moving onto the next round. I will do this before starting the next tournament round

NOTES
The twists, categories/topics/subjects, and time limits will remain secret until they are revealed in the video. However, once the topic has been chosen, the viewers of the video will get to pick what topic will replaced the used topic (the new topic will only be added between videos to keep it a secret)