YouTube Is YouTube even possible????

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
I was thinking that I might actually be serious about having a YouTube channel. But then i realized that it might not work out the way I want it to. I barely have time to do anything because of the high school that I go to. Plus last semester my grades were terrible, I failed some of my classes because some of my teachers dont teach at all. I also want to buy Overwatch and climb up the ranks. I have always wanted to be apart of the esports scene and I thought that 2017 might be good to see what happens. With all of this happening and a lot more as the year continues on I doubt YouTube can be apart of the equation. Also I plan on taking Music lesson for the Violin and the Piano so I will be very busy this year.

Last edited:

FallenShogun

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 12, 2014
YouTube
If you are doing all that at once then going for youtube as a serious thing might not be your thing just yet. You seem to want to do too much at once, you will burn out too fast

Reactions: iPIxelDot

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
If you are doing all that at once then going for youtube as a serious thing might not be your thing just yet. You seem to want to do too much at once, you will burn out too fast
i organized everything but YouTube just does not fit into my schedule

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
I was thinking that I might actually be serious about having a YouTube channel. But then i realized that it might not work out the way I want it to. I barely have time to do anything because of the high school that I go to. Plus last semester my grades were terrible, I failed some of my classes because some of my teachers dont teach at all. I also want to buy Overwatch and climb up the ranks. I have always wanted to be apart of the esports scene and I thought that 2017 might be good to see what happens. With all of this happening and a lot more as the year continues on I doubt YouTube can be apart of the equation. Also I plan on taking Music lesson for the Violin and the Piano so I will be very busy this year.
I do understand your interest for doing YouTube, but generally speaking, nowadays life puts you in a situation where you can excel only in one thing because beating the competition in all the categories is near impossible...so I suggest channel your main effort in the one thing that you truly love and want....and the others for relaxing purposes.

tlevelgrinders

Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2016
YouTube
I mean nothing is impossible, but become an overwatch pro in a year & being a successful youtuber may be a tad harder, specially with the schedule you have, you might want to slow down and focus one thing at a time

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
I mean nothing is impossible, but become an overwatch pro in a year & being a successful youtuber may be a tad harder, specially with the schedule you have, you might want to slow down and focus one thing at a time
I might just forget about YouTube and focus on everything else instead. I am kind of used to putting myself through all of this. But I just wanted to actually have goals set this year because I usually never do.[DOUBLEPOST=1483669088][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do understand your interest for doing YouTube, but generally speaking, nowadays life puts you in a situation where you can excel only in one thing because beating the competition in all the categories is near impossible...so I suggest channel your main effort in the one thing that you truly love and want....and the others for relaxing purposes.
I might just do that. I truly dont know. But as of now YouTube will not be able to fit into my schedule.

Reactions: AFKPlays

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
All i can suggest is that you pick the one that makes you more happy and excited. Obviously you cant do everything because its impossible to concentrate 100% on so much at once. Me for example i can only dream of youtube being a big thing for me, i have a crazy job that keeps me busy on week days and even some weekends too. I barely have time to make youtube videos most of the time but because i do enjoy it i try and squeeze it in. On top if that i have other daily commitments to keep up with and its not easy but i still just about manage a video a day but after 6 months im starting to feel the burn myself. Whichever way you look at it youtube if taken seriously is a demanding part of your life and requires alot of time and work, unfortuantely with there being so much serious competition out there it really does make things difficult. So if your hope is to make it big with youtube but you know you cant commit to that degree at this point then yea i suggest you put it on the back burner for now. Its somthing that needs good thought but i hope this helps goodluck!

Reactions: Roachhie

Roachhie

Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2017
South Dakota
YouTube
xRoachh
All i can suggest is that you pick the one that makes you more happy and excited. Obviously you cant do everything because its impossible to concentrate 100% on so much at once. Me for example i can only dream of youtube being a big thing for me, i have a crazy job that keeps me busy on week days and even some weekends too. I barely have time to make youtube videos most of the time but because i do enjoy it i try and squeeze it in. On top if that i have other daily commitments to keep up with and its not easy but i still just about manage a video a day but after 6 months im starting to feel the burn myself. Whichever way you look at it youtube if taken seriously is a demanding part of your life and requires alot of time and work, unfortuantely with there being so much serious competition out there it really does make things difficult. So if your hope is to make it big with youtube but you know you cant commit to that degree at this point then yea i suggest you put it on the back burner for now. Its somthing that needs good thought but i hope this helps goodluck!
I am the say way..work 5, sometimes 6 days a week. 8 hour days. But I can't help but think of youtube and constantly be thinking of ideas for content, all while being at work. Being a youtuber can be stressful if you don't initiate proper time management. And not seeing growth on your channel can make a person second guess youtube. Trying to cram so much at once is never good for you. Just do what makes you the most happy right now, and eventually everything will fall into place

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I am the say way..work 5, sometimes 6 days a week. 8 hour days. But I can't help but think of youtube and constantly be thinking of ideas for content, all while being at work. Being a youtuber can be stressful if you don't initiate proper time management. And not seeing growth on your channel can make a person second guess youtube. Trying to cram so much at once is never good for you. Just do what makes you the most happy right now, and eventually everything will fall into place
Yea its not easy with so much going on with day to day life but you cant help doing it just incase somthing amazing happens, its always the question of what if? And thats what keeps me going. Like you said when growth doesnt go your way it makes it difficult. Another thing that doesnt help is that some viewers dont understand this process and become too demanding not realising that us smaller channels are not full time and dont have the free time to fufill requests as quick as they want. Personally this year is my make or break, i have a target of 5k to 10k subs to hit by new years and if i dont make it between that bracket im going to possibly quit because if i cant make anything of it i cant justify commiting so much of my life to it. So we will see at the moment the daily process of making a video takes around anywhere from 4 to 8 hours a day. So we will see what happens anyway goodluck to you all!

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
I think i will just do everything else and just forget about youtube for now.[DOUBLEPOST=1483895674][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, I see what you are saying. I will end up doing everything else and just not do youtube because that wont work out.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I think i will just do everything else and just forget about youtube for now.[DOUBLEPOST=1483895674][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, I see what you are saying. I will end up doing everything else and just not do youtube because that wont work out.
As hard as it may be to stop i think in your case its for the better, goodluck to you!

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
As hard as it may be to stop i think in your case its for the better, goodluck to you!
I will just focus on learning new instruments and on Overwatch. I feel like that wont be as demanding as trying to do youtube. I dont think that youtube is even in my future with how my high school is and with everything i plan on doing.

ClerraBellis

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2017
clerrabellis.deviantart.com
YouTube
One thing that you could start off with is uploading only 1 video a month for this year. You could do videos of you practicing violin to show improvement.. or just try out streaming once with overwatch. Multi-tasking doing a video does take a bit longer than the actions your doing themselves. However, if you even generate a little content you are more likely to have a small following when you are ready to commit to making videos fulltime! This is just one person's perspective though!

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
One thing that you could start off with is uploading only 1 video a month for this year. You could do videos of you practicing violin to show improvement.. or just try out streaming once with overwatch. Multi-tasking doing a video does take a bit longer than the actions your doing themselves. However, if you even generate a little content you are more likely to have a small following when you are ready to commit to making videos fulltime! This is just one person's perspective though!
The problem with what you suggested is those are conflicting topics, like one is gaming and then the next is musical instruments so fans are going to be confused on what type of channel it is and this can be very negative. On top of that uploading 1 video a month isn't going to get a following anyway, 12 videos in a year isn't going to make people follow you because they are not going to wait a month at a time for content to appear there's just simply not enough to draw people in. The channel will just look bare and wont be taken seriously.
However I do understand your point in trying to keep the channel alive just incase there is a change of heart but that would require a little bit more in that case especially with youtube closing off un-used subscriptions these days. Probably looking at atleast a video a week to keep people interested and earn fans, but like he said he rather pursue different things.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
The problem with what you suggested is those are conflicting topics, like one is gaming and then the next is musical instruments so fans are going to be confused on what type of channel it is and this can be very negative. On top of that uploading 1 video a month isn't going to get a following anyway, 12 videos in a year isn't going to make people follow you because they are not going to wait a month at a time for content to appear there's just simply not enough to draw people in. The channel will just look bare and wont be taken seriously.
However I do understand your point in trying to keep the channel alive just incase there is a change of heart but that would require a little bit more in that case especially with youtube closing off un-used subscriptions these days. Probably looking at atleast a video a week to keep people interested and earn fans, but like he said he rather pursue different things.
i am a girl lolol. The youtube channel thing would be too much. Plus if there are more things that come up within 2017 I wont have a huge thing to deal with.

ClerraBellis

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2017
clerrabellis.deviantart.com
YouTube
I totally see where you're coming from! I only suggested that because It's just nice to have some experience editing before making regular videos, so that you won't be as overwhelmed when the time comes. But it seems like you have a lot on your plate so definitely do what you feel is right!

Dormienda26

Rising User
Jan 9, 2017
Denver
YouTube
If it's what you want then pursue it! It doesn't have to be a full time thing. Make the videos you want and put effort into them. :) You'll slowly find where you belong on YouTube and you'll see that it's not always about punching out hundreds of videos. Good luck to you!