1. We use cookies! By continuing, you're agreeing to our cookie policy. Learn More.
  2. Guest, welcome to the Freedom! Forums! Please do not post any links until you have a post count of at least 5 messages otherwise your post will simply be rejected to prevent spam. Some other key words may also trigger this system, if you have issues writing a post please contact an administrator. This also affects signatures and the "About You" page in your profile.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No green screen? No problem!

Freedom! Partners get free access to TriDef SmartCam. Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Guest, remember to read the rules before posting! :)
  5. Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!
  6. Hey Guest - Want to know what our Social media pages are? Great! see: Here :)
    Dismiss Notice

Community Is this the end of the Adpocolypse, or the start of a new era?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Ashley SilverDust, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Ashley SilverDust

Ashley SilverDust Community Team Community Team! Freedom! Partner

Hello, everybody! It's time for another newsletter! I'm here on behalf of the Community Team, and we've got some great news! Did you see @ItsJustJord posted about the Adpocalypse ending?! Let's dive into that some more, and wrap up this week!

[​IMG]

YT Making Progress with Advertisers!
    The situation that has been dubbed "Adpocalypse", involving so many brands pulling their ads off of YouTube, has been going on for months and has made a significant impact on YT's economy. Thankfully though, it is starting to sound like things are taking a turn for the better - finally! YouTube wrote a great article on their official blog this week, full of great information. I want to be sure that you all catch an important piece of what YouTube shared, and that is that they have added a new 'Making advertiser-friendly content' lesson within the 'Make Money with YouTube' course in the Creator Academy! Jord has already shared a wonderful summary of YouTube's article right here, and I encourage you to join the conversation in that thread. Also, as pointed out in both the blog and the forum post, please do check out the updated advertiser-friendly guidelines and familiarize. Knowing the rules, helps you keep your channel safe and healthy on the YT platform!

Most Viewed Channels?! :eek:
    In more YouTube related news this week, I noticed that tubefilter recently shared this list of the most viewed channels on YouTube last week. Spoiler alert: there are a lot of music channels! I found it interesting though to go through this list and see what some of these channels are doing so right. For some, it's obviously their fame outside of YouTube that directs a lot of traffic to their channel. While it's not easy to become a widely known celebrity, this does get me thinking about how using other platforms to connect with people is important!
    www.tubefilter.com/2017/06/03/top-50-most-viewed-youtube-channels-worldwide

Forum Posts Being Tweeted!
    Have you noticed what's been going on over on Twitter? Specifically on @MCNFreedomRT01 lately?! Take a look, it's pretty neat! Some threads are being shared right to Twitter! You probably already noticed this if you're in the habit of checking out #FreedomFamily ...

(y) (Y) #FreedomFamily Stands Out (y) (Y)
    It's time to feature another 3 frequent #FreedomFamily users!
    These three are entertaining content creators, and active in the twitter community!
    :D
    Hovac One, Helix Brightstar, and PocketDesert! :D
    Thanks for being awesome and interacting. Show them some love, everybody!
    Be sure to be active using #FreedomFamily for your chance to be featured!

Freedom! Forum Friday
    Speaking of standing out, the recent FFF post showcased some great milestones that some of YOU posted on the forums this week! If you haven't checked it out, please do! Thank you @Crazylawrence for mentioning newsletter in your post! :)

Been to or planning to go to any events?
    I have one more way you might be able to stand out! In a reply to this thread you may share one video about a creator, media, or fan related event you've attended, or even a video talking about plans to go to an upcoming one, such as VidCon which is approaching fast later this month! The community team would love to see your experiences and get a glimpse at your perspective! Please say a little about your vid too.

[​IMG]

Behind the Music - Ave Libertas
    New vid from Music Factory - Ben shows us how the track was made!

Get paid 1 month earlier
    George explaining how you can be paid even earlier than normal!

George reads your comments!
    Papa George dives into the comments, watch and find out if you were featured!

How does the 30-day early payment work?
    In regards to the "Get paid 1 month" video earlier, George took time to show us how that works!

Stock video library - Do you want it?
    Have you ever wanted a vast amount of Free stock footage?
    In this episode of The George Show we're asked if we want it!

Reminder: Live streams on Freedom! Central
    The streams are not made public after, usually, but I wanted to commend @George on his live edition of The George Show this weekend, and say that I think it would be cool to see that happen more often! Also, I wanted to remind everyone that @Frosted Fricks is still doing live channel reviews every weekend on Central. Make sure you have notifications on for Freedom! and never miss a stream! ;)

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading!

From the Freedom! Community Team to the entire Freedom! family, we look forward to seeing you around in the community! Best wishes for all of your endeavors and take care! Also, never give up!

Interact with the Freedom! Community
    ➔ On the forums!
    www.community.tm
    ➔ Twitter: @mcnfreedom and @FreedomFamilyRT
    ➔ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mcnfreedom
    ➔ Freedom! Discord Server! https://discord.gg/sfPP2r8
    ➔ YouTube Channel: Freedom! Central

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  2. Kochiloi

Kochiloi New Partner Freedom! Partner

Very nice read.
    Loads of info I didn't even know about :)

Ashley SilverDust likes this.
  3. TwilightPrinze

TwilightPrinze The Flying Dutchman Community Team! Beta Freedom! Partner

Great newsletter as always! :)

Good to hear the news regarding the advertisement ^^

4. Dealer4519

Dealer4519 Community Team Community Team! Freedom! Partner

I loved this recap too. Great Job!

5. Sayed aiman

Sayed aiman Registered User

Workfull news
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2017 ---
    Nice news

6. ElTorres 89

ElTorres 89 New Partner Freedom! Partner

great job

7. Johnny Hussain

Johnny Hussain Registered User

8. iTzZ-7RA8 - أتزز حراق

iTzZ-7RA8 - أتزز حراق Registered User

Hi my name is Bader, I have a channel in youtube that is specialized in games, I have 317 subscribers and I hope this number will increase, Yalit enter my channel and Vison subscriber
    My name is channel iTzZ-7ra8