Solved Is my Dailymotion account actually connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I tried to sync my YouTube and Dailymotion accounts, so that my videos will be on both. But it didn't work, and Support is taking a while to fix the problem, so I decided to upload my videos manually. But anyway, I noticed that on Dailymotion, when I click on "Channel" and then "Advanced", it says I'm connected to Freedom! However, my Dailymotion account isn't shown anywhere on the Freedom! Dashboard. Is it supposed to be? Or does it simply mean my Freedom! account is connected, but not in a "partner" kind of way?

But then again, on the "Earnings" page there's something that says, "Your payments are managed by your network's parent Channel, Freedom!." I don't know if that means that if I earn anything from my videos on Dailymotion, I'll be receiving it. I know that I only got connected on Dailymotion by my attempt to sync up my accounts.

I'm a little confused here.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Sorry about the delay in replying to this open support query - I somehow didn't see it in the queue.

Did you manage to get this sorted out or are you still having issues?

Upvote 0

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Sorry about the delay in replying to this open support query - I somehow didn't see it in the queue.

Did you manage to get this sorted out or are you still having issues?
I don't think it's really an issue, more of a question. But I don't know where in the forum this is supposed to go. I really just want to know if my Dailymotion account is actually connect to my Freedom! account, and is possibly even earning me some money while my YouTube channel is not.

Upvote 0

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I believe Dailymotion stuff is handled at https://dashboard.tm for whatever reason. Can you see anything there?
I did mention in the original post that the Universal Uploader is exactly how I connected my accounts, even though I don't use it because I chose 3 videos to sync up, and only one of them showed up on Dailymotion, despite it saying those 3 videos had an error. So I've been doing it manually. I already have 62 videos on there.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As far as I am aware you could still earn revenue with the Dailymotion account and this would be on the usual 60/40 split as with most partnerships. The good thing about DM is that you don't need to be partnered with Freedom in order to use it, which they outlined in their thread - here.

I have also asked support for more clarification about this for you just so we can get the answer 100% correct for you :)
I shall let you know when they have gotten back to me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.