stevicity

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2016
Great Britain
citrus.xyz
YouTube
I'm looking to break-down some of your videos into a tailored review personal to you giving you my experience in YouTube, SEO, graphic design, language and the ability to convey messages through speech and channel engagement with its' audience.

All your reviews will be done using this template:

Video & Audio Content
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
__/10
Graphics / Art
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
__/10​

Language & Intonation
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.​
__/10​

Search Engine Optimisation & Description / Tags
__/10

Channel & Engagement
__/10

OVERALL RATING: __/50

Time Schedule:
I will try to do these when I get home from college but they may be left to the weekends as I am a college student doing 4 A-Levels who also does online freelancing, runs multiple YouTube channels and I do not want to neglect talking to my friends too much. However, I will try my best to do these as often as possible.

Submission Form:
Code:
[b]Channel Url:[/b] Write here.
[b]Video Url:[/b] Write here.
[b]Extra Requests / Notes:[/b] Write here.

stevicity

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2016
Great Britain
citrus.xyz
YouTube
Channel Url: youtube.com/c/NitricTV
Video Url:
Extra Requests / Notes: Hopefully I did this correctly.

Video & Audio Content
Good ol' fashioned gameplay commentary with clear audio (what mic do you use?) that is easy to hear and the gameplay is in 1080p HD which allows for something to watch while we listen to the video content which is always good to retain audience attention thus increasing your overall watchtime. It is perhaps lacking in volume when it comes to the background music as studies show that music in the background causes certain emotional changes in the brain that make you more likely to keep watching and find a video more enjoyable so I would suggest in future to slightly increase background music as I had to turn up my volume quite high to even realise it was there. Other than that I would say the video and audio is pretty good, maybe make the intro music the same volume as your speech and then you're sorted.

9/10

Graphics / Art
I like your thumbnail, I think it's a bit different and creative whilst still being eye-catching and visually appealing. The large bold title catches the eye and draws you in making you want to click onto the video and find out about 'Cod's new developers'. The only improvement I would suggest is that it may be better to have the text in the primary optical area which is the centre of your thumbnail. As to your channel art, I like the profile picture it gives off gamer vibes and uses minimalistic design that makes it simple but effective. And you have a top-notch banner design which is related to your channel contents and contains a few of your social media links. Overall, I'd say you've done a rather good job at the graphics side of YouTube.

10/10​

Language & Intonation
You used the same language as I see many many gamers use which is good because you were simply informing people and giving your own opinion so it didn't require you to use 'outside the box' language and instead you have spoke in a relatable way that viewers will expect and understand which is good and your intonation is clear and well-paced with the cuts making sure you are delivering your content quickly and concisely meaning viewers are not losing interest in what you have to say. The only recommendation I can give you is that you are slightly more careful about how you convey your opinion (introduce it as an opinion before saying it rather than after) so not to get dislikes from those who have the opposite opinion unless you don't care which is fine.

10/10​

Search Engine Optimisation & Description / Tags / Title
VidIQ gives you a SEO score of 45/100 which isn't too bad; it is definitely good that you're ranking 1st in the YouTube search for 'Cod 4 Remastered Developed By Raven Software', 2nd for 'Cod 4 Developed By Raven Software' and are in the top 20 for 'Raven Software' on its own. However, one thing you must consider is that it is unlikely people who are already aware Raven Software are remastering Call of Duty 4 are going to search for videos that are telling people that Cod 4 is remastered by Raven Software and people who don't know probably don't know who Raven Software are so won't search for it. Therefore, I would suggest you use tags that somebody looking into CoD 4 remastered would search for. For example: people may search for 'Who is making the new CoD 4?' and also tags that are just in general related to CoD 4 and then use your title and thumbnail to grab people from these searches. So you may add things like 'modern warfare remastered' 'cod 4 remastered' 'the new cod 4' or anything else you can think of.

As to the aforementioned title, I would say that you're not grabbing anyone's attention with it. You've got to remember in the search results, in user subscription tabs and in related videos your video is going to be among many other people all trying to get people to watch their video so yours needs to stand out without lying about the contents of the video. Henceforth I would suggest a title such as: 'NEW DEVELOPERS FOR MODERN WARFARE (COD 4)!'. What's good about this is that people aren't getting the answer in the title - this will make them want to know the answer to 'who is the new developer?' causing them to click onto your video but you're not misleading anyone so you shouldn't get dislikes because of it. What's more it is keyword heaven, anybody searching for anything to do with the new cod, the new modern warfare, the new cod 4, cod 4, modern warfare, cod developers, modern warfare developers will be able to find your video more easily as it should rank higher for these terms. When selecting a new title, I would consider the notion that you are using Black Ops 3 gameplay is irrelevant and it wouldn't make anyone want to click more than they would with it not being there and thenceforward it is better to not make your title too long and leave that out of it. This title would stand out, it withholds information that the title makes potential viewers want to find out and it is great for ranking in relevant keywords / phrases.

Now in order to reinforce your title you must know a few things about Search Engine Optimisation: YouTube will look at the first two lines of your description when it ranks videos in its searches therefore you must include every keyword in your title in these first two lines whilst also including additional tags you have used, at the same time as it still making sense to people reading it. I would recommend something along the lines of 'Find out who the new developers for call of duty modern warfare remastered (COD 4) are and whether it is worth buying / playing the new remake. That's just an example I'd choose but you choose something you prefer as long as it includes lots of keywords and the words in the title. Then in your tags, your first tag should be your full video title then use alternate titles you could have use like 'new cod developers', 'who is making cod 4?' (questions are very very good as people often write questions into the search bar) and then break down the larger tags into smaller one's like 'cod 4' 'remastered' 'cod 4 remastered' 'modern warfare' etc etc and be sure to use every single available tag you can until you reach the limit even if its starting to seem overboard as it will increase the number of views you get from searches.

Moreover, you are currently using automated subtitles which have quite a few inaccuracies. Not only does make it more difficult for people with hearing impairment and those who struggle with English so read the subtitles to help them but it also has a large effect on how your video ranks. YouTube loves captions and its search algorithms love skimming through them to search out keywords so if you add your own captions then every time you say a keyword you are ranking higher on search results. So always try to add captions if you can and during your intro I would suggest adding something like '[Intro Music] [Video Tags:]' and after video tags insert a bunch of those keywords/tags to kinda trick Google into thinking that's part of what you said to further make you rank higher.

Finally, a few more things to mention is that your video hasn't been shared to social media much except once on Twitter and once on Reddit and the more you share your video, the higher it ranks and the more people will discover it as it is on social media. Therefore I would recommend sharing it around as much as possible without spamming. If you want a list of places to share it then check out my list of communities you can share your videos right here on the Freedom! forums. And a few tips for the future: make your video filename and thumbnail filename whatever your video title is going to be. I'm not sure of how much of an impact it has but I've seen it said a lot by people who run channels teaching other YouTubers.

2/10

Channel & Engagement
First of all, I'll discuss your channel name. It's short, it's obvious you're a gamer in a team / clan and really as a gaming individual it's everything you need in a creative 'OG' name (haha I shouldn't try to make gamer references). It appears when you're not in a clan your name is NitricTV which is also good because it lets people in comments section instantly you know you upload with the 'TV' part and it is still short and concise.

As to engagement I'm going to discuss comments. On the video you sent me you have no user comments so I can't really talk about how you respond / engage with your audience. Except to say that is great you included a call to action by asking users to comment and the only thing you can do is leave a comment yourself with a question or a statement about the video you didn't include in the video that will prompt viewers to reply.

I had a look at your featured video, 'Thanks for 20K', to find more comments and it is excellent to see you are responding to users although I would recommend even responding to people asking for subs, spammy people, negative comments while you're a small YouTuber just to appear as friendly and welcoming to all as you can. It'll help - believe me!

8/10

OVERALL RATING: 39/50

Reactions: Hostslayer

stevicity

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2016
Great Britain
citrus.xyz
YouTube
I'd love a review if you have the time and would be so kind :D
I'll try and do yours tomorrow if I'm able to. If not I'm busy Saturday but free Sunday so it'll be done then. :) Please use the submission template I have provided:
Code:
[b]Channel Url:[/b] Write here.
[b]Video Url:[/b] Write here.
[b]Extra Requests / Notes:[/b] Write here.

Thank you! :)

Hostslayer

Gamer Person
Freedom! Member
Apr 12, 2014
YouTube
Going to start implementing your suggestions in my videos. I truly appreciate the time you spent to help me.